Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if the Tsudo exhaust fits our duractecs, and if anyone has experienced this exhaust, pros,cons,etc.

·
Registered
508 Posts
whats it made of aluminum foil?

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Looks like an HKS knockoff to me. Although, it seems to go above the suspension instead of under it like HKS' Hi-Power.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it should fit. The muffler certainly appears to be an appropriate size. The big issue is whether it will bolt up to the flex-pipe properly. You may need to have the flange cut off and modify the piping to bolt up.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Why would you need to modify the flange that bolts to the flexpipe???

Even if it was a Zetec exhaust it (the flange) should bolt right up to the flexpipe.
My AEM exhaust I had, which was for a Zetec, fit perfectly up to the Duratec flex pipe.
FocusSport & MBRP exhaust fit both flanges as well, I might add, so they're probably the same flange.

And the round muffler looks like it should work with a Duratec as well....it's just the 4" tip that would scare me

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
It actually doesn't look that bad.
I'd like to know a lot more about the material that it's made from and get a close up on the welds, but it looks better than some Ebay items I have seen. The big worry is that if you do have a problem with it down the road there is no way you'll ever get taken care of like you would if you were buying it through a company like FocusSport.

Personally I think the Cosworth tip is already too large, so that one is clearly out of control.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yeah like Peloton said....

It looks like a decent system (from the pics)...nice & shiny & supposedly stainless.

As for sound...we don't know

And for customer support...I doubt there is any

But for $240 shipped it's worth a shot
OR
just buy a MBRP system for $230 shipped which has customer support, is real stainless, fits our car & people have tried/run

·
Registered
74 Posts
has anyone ever tried the magnaflow kit how does it REALLY SOUND the web sites gives you a sound clip but i really cant hear it that well. dont get the ebay exhaust itll rust quick as [censored] my friend ordered one for his pontiac and within 2 month (florida) some rust was starting to show

·
Registered
296 Posts
I got the Trubendz system with Magnaflow muffler and really like the way it sounds...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts