Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.. i realize that the stock intake manifold sucks, when it comes to fuel distribution. this may cause the 5th injector theory to not work at times. does anyone know of a company who makes a real intake. i was thinking of trying to fabricate my own custom equal length intake manifold. Toyota doesn't have the sorry intake manifold design..... turbo tom..do u or anyone have any links or ideas to my question?

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Jenvey

I asked them:

Please advise as to the recommended fitment for a Ford Focus 2.0 16V. I have read and enoyed your site greatly, but I am having difficulty determining a setup that would meet your intake length guidlines and not put the air horns inside the cabin! Thanks

Here is what they told me:

"As far as length goes most cars are a compromise so all you can do is go
for the best available set up. If you are after the ultimate we do a kit
that uses four taper throttle bodies on a special manifold, it also
consists of the fuel rail and airhorns. the full price of the kit is
947gbp plus Vat.

The other option would be to use a set of TB throttle bodies on a weber
manifold. This does not give the ultimate in performance ( about 5-10
bhp down on the taper kit) but is very road driveable."

Also, tuned length implies that you have a target RPM in mind.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Your search for an intake is a little more complicated then you think.. headers and intake control where the power band is in an engine. depending on the legnth of the intake and exhaust runers this moves the power band and everything can be tuned to that target rpm. its very complex look up inertial tuning or resonance tuning to find out more info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts