Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be simple, but exactly how do you go about tuning them on a dyno and not take 10 hours?

I mean do you just think of 100 combos and try them, or do you start with 1 and find the best power, then go to the next? But when doing the 2nd gear, does the 1st have to be optimized again for the new settings on the 2nd gear?

Whats hte most time effective way of doing it? Should i just start with the intake, find the best, then go to the exhuast? I know all settinsg are different, but what do you guys with crower stage 2 cams usually find the best route to go, or at least start for me? Advancing, retarding, intake, exhuast?????

Just tryina get an idea, ofcourse it will get tuned, but wanna see if i can cut some time and some guesswork out of it

Im aiming for 160whp, and be the first to break the magic number

·
Registered
836 Posts
I advance the intake cam by two degress the first run, if it made more power then i advance another 2 degress then make another run, and keep it up till you don't make anymore power and put that setting back at the one that made the most power. Then start retarding the exhaust by two degress and do the same thing untill it stops making power and put it back at the best setting. Then go back to your intake and try going advanced again, and if it doesn't make anymore power, try retarding it and see what happens. Hope this helps a little.......Russell

1 - 3 of 3 Posts