Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i have my Ford Racing stg. 1 cams, Kami long tube header, and a Itg cool flow i picked up from a local Focus owner. Now im ready to intstall and of course dyno tune it. I was just wondering how i should go about Tuning the Reflash from ford racing. I have an SCT but it has ben tuned for LFQ0 ecu code BEFORE the reflash. Do i just have my tuner plug a data logger into my diagnostics port to read the new reflashed tune?

P.S. Since i had to of course uninstall the SCT, it's just been sitting in a plastic bag on my desk... Think its fine?

Thanks

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
you can't tune the reflash. Any tuning you do completely will overwrite the ford programming.

Whoever did the SCT the first time should be able to get it done for you again with some dyno pulls and an A/F reading.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See, im confused, i figured if i put the SCT on it is programmed for the old LFQO, not my reflashed LFQ0. So what your saying, as long as its LFQO, you can tune ontop of the flash? Sorry, just need to understand this before i go through with it all!

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
inserting a chip effectively overrides any programming existing on the computer with an entire new set of instructions.

We were having this discussion about the Roush Turbo Kits and the fact that their tuning does not eliminate the Speed Governor. Some were under the assumption that you could get a chip to just remove the governor aspect and keep the Roush tuning. Not the case.

Think of it as if the ECU uses this logic:

If chip is plugged in, then use chip instructions, if not, use the onboard (flash) instructions.

That being said: If you're adding a ITG Filter, cams and a header... then I'd definately get re-tuned. That filter with the blower can definately cause some tune issues (watch out for lean!)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THanks, so pretty much ill just go about tuning the thing like i would before the flash?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts