Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there an upgraded turbine to make the turbo spool up quicker for the roush kit?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
quicker spool would generally mean smaller turbo.. or you can keep the same size turbo and use a ball bearing center section for quicker spool up

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
quicker spool would generally mean smaller turbo.. or you can keep the same size turbo and use a ball bearing center section for quicker spool up
Or same size cold side and smaller hot side. That would not be an upgrade, though, that would be a downgrade. The turbo will fall out its face sooner if you move to a smaller hot side.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will this be hard to do

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
you would need to send the turbo out to get a bb center section if you dont know how to do it.. its fairly easy.. but you need a rebuild kit as you would not want to use the old parts (if you have operated it already)

what size turbo is on the car right now??

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what ever comes with the roush kit im geting it in around a month or so but i heard that it doesnt spool up till 3grand

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Didn't you want to push 300whp? Or was it like 25psi?

- Drew

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Wrap the turbo and downpipe, That will help with your spool up time. I know it helped with mine.... GT28RS in case your wondering

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
The BB center section will help. We have a new setup coming for a car we are working on with bigger compressor as well. We will see how it works out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't you want to push 300whp? Or was it like 25psi?
yes its just that i heard the roush turbo had what seems to me a lot of lag

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
3000 rpm is pretty good. IM not gettin full boost out of my jrsc till 4000 rpm

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
If you don't want to wait for boost, then you better get a small turbo and aim for 190whp, otherwise 2800-3000rpm is where you'll be spoolin. Hell, if you are shooting for more power than the turbo that comes with the kit can handle then you will need a bigger turbo and have a higher rpm spool time.

3000 rpm is pretty good. IM not gettin full boost out of my jrsc till 4000 rpm
But, you should be making boost as soon as you step on the pedal.

On my 2.4 pulley I was doing 5psi from 2K building to 10psi by redline.

- Drew

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea super chargers should have no lag thats their advantage over turbos but turbos will be able to make more power at the end

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
yea super chargers should have no lag thats their advantage over turbos but turbos will be able to make more power at the end
small turbo = minimal lag time, quicker spool up, no top end power

medium turbo = adequate lag time, slightly slower spool up, good top end power

large turbo = long lag time, long spool up time, huge top end power

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
What's wrong with no boost before 3 grand? Who are you racing that you aren't above 3000 RPM's? Are you trying to race someone from 20mph in 5th gear?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
What's wrong with no boost before 3 grand? Who are you racing that you aren't above 3000 RPM's? Are you trying to race someone from 20mph in 5th gear?
I shift at 3000rpm's everytime. That's what my dad always told me to do.

·
Registered
990 Posts
You've never had an aerocharger have you? Full boost by 2500 is awesome for daily driving. You can accelerate in second or third gear from 2k rpm and if you mash it, it breaks the tires loose as it hits 2500-3000rpm. It's like driving in the rain when it's dry.

On another note, my t3 super 60 makes 5psi by 2200 and 13psi by 3000 at 8.2:1 compression with a stock head. It's a .48ar though. What's the roush kit use? How are you guys coming up with these 3k numbers? Mine boosts significantly sooner.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
the roush kit is a t3t4 or it was before they bought the kit out

1 - 20 of 24 Posts