Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally posted by PhilM:
Air:Fuel ratio should always be the same. 14:1 or there abouts.

With turbo applications, air is increased, so fuel must be increased to keep the ratio at 14:1 - stoich, not rich or lean.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's best NOT to reply if you have no idea what you're talking about.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Originally posted by Blue01Street:
It's best NOT to reply if you have no idea what you're talking about.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I was going to say the same thing.

- Drew

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Originally posted by PhilM:

With turbo applications, air is increased, so fuel must be increased to keep the ratio at 14:1 - stoich, not rich or lean.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ouch...even i wouldn't say that

Tune a turbo car to 14.1 a/f and tell it to pack up its bags, cause its goin byebye

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
haha yea, thanks guys. I was gonna say something, but he didnt even answer what I was asking.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
11-12.5 is a good rough range for forced induction cars on pump gas under boost. My car runs around 11.7-12.2 under boost.

14:1 is fine (in fact rather desirable) cruising down the highway at 70mph though.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I think I know what your asking.
Tom's MIC (Maf, Injectors, Chip) is the general method most FI people would prefer to use to adjust the A/F Ratio. There are quite few different methods though. Right now I'm using a SFMS 5th injector unit that sells with the aerocharger. I don't think the MAFterburner or other A/F adjusters out there will provide enough fuel for FI.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Doh bad me not answering the original question.

Yep you more or less have three choices.

1. MAF, Injectors, Chip from Tom
2. 5th injector from an Aerocharger kit
3. Pectel and bigger injectors

1 and 3 would be the best choices as they address timing as well. My best suggestion is to bust out the search engine and read up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts