Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Garrett T3 finally show up. Its a .42/.48 setup.

I dunno Im having 2nd thought abouts it now. Some people said its to small. All Im after is 10psi. What do you guys think.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
My Garret T3 finally show up. Its a .42/.48 setup.

I dunno Im having 2nd thought abouts it now. Some people said its to small. All Im after is 10psi. What do you guys think.

that looks likt the same turbo I bought? It it the xs power(i know I'm taking a risk)? If you look at the compressor flow map and plug that data into turbo calculator, you will realize you will be fine. Mine is on a 2.3 and i figured that the turbo would be able to put out up to 17 psi @ 7,000 rpms. The big advantage is that it won't take long to spool up. Seeing as you have a 2.0(less exhaust flow) yours probably would only do about 15 - 16 psi max. But it should be fine.

The size of this turbo is bigger than a td04( 2nd generation eclipse factory turbo.)

You will be fine, and you will have fun witht he lack of turbo lag you will get.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy I bought it from said its an actual garret. Im not sure there isnt any marking or names on it. As long as it will work and get me my 10psi im happy.

I do have a DSM T25 but figure I would use this one since its in much better shape.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Good luck with that man!
It's too bad you couldn't get the ProCharger tuned properly it's really made my SVT night and day.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
I think it will be perfect. Who said it's too small?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I think it will be perfect. Who said it's too small?
jay from Focus Canada. I know he had his turboed before it went up in flames.
Maybe his was too big

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
If it was a T2 series with that A/R then yes it would be to small but as a T3, its just fine!

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
What are your goals?

That'll happily do 200fwhp all day long with good responsiveness. You won't need to build the block, or do any radical fueling systems.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I've been running that exact turbo for 2 months with no problems on my SPI. Spool up time is pretty quick with my log manifold setup. A couple things about our turbos. The oil inlet is not tapped so you can either tap it yourself (shavings though
) or buy an adapter like the one I have below

The exhaust flange (downpipe) can be had from JGS Precision. Part # is TK087 $16.99

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Those are ceramic coated

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another thing is the oil holes are facing horizontaly. I would like to loosen the bolts and adjust the turbo so they sit verticaly. Do I need to use a sealor on the bolts when putting them back in.

Also what one is the oil in and what one is the oil out. Im assuming the 1st pic is the oil in.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
just loosen the bolts and "clock" the turbo, the small hole is "in" the big is "out"

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
that turbo will be great! I had the same one, and put up 200wtq at 4K rpm at 8psi. You don't really need anything bigger for 200-220whp on the little zetec engine.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
just loosen the bolts and "clock" the turbo, the small hole is "in" the big is "out"
yes just loosen no need to take out or any sealant. Unloosen and tighten in a criss-cross pattern.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Got to love xs power.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts