Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
WOW. Good Idea with the svt cat and flex. You would still be technically emissions legal.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
gt28r

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
You know the more I use the gt28r, and the more graphs I see of other turbos, the more convinced I become that the 28r may very well be the ultimate 2.0 street turbo.

I may buy a built short block this coming year, in which case I will see how the 28r does at ~285 WHP.

Good looking project!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wasnt too bad actually, got all the fittings and even the line at the local carquest auto-parts store.....only problem im having is an adapter from my feed line to the fitting for the turbo....found one, but then i put the fitting in backwards and ruined the threads on it so i need a new fitting

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Pure genious!!!

That will work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i thought that the bov should be about 1-2 feet from the throttle body. and you might wanna reconsider your adapter. welding stainless steel to galvanized/ headers doesnt hold very well. you need special welding rods, or put some reinforcements on the sides. i tried something similar a couple weeks ago and the ss pipes popped right off if i pried on them really hard by hand. it took a ton ow weld to get them to sit firm

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
First of all your BOV is on the WRONG side of the MAF. Since your obviously running a blow-thru MAF, why would you want to vent metered air?

And I mean NO!! offense, but that adapter will not last more then a couple hundred...maybe thousand miles before it brakes. Like fOOt said, welding that mild steel to the stainless takes some skill.

Scott

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the maf you see in the pic is not a maf, i used the original stock one as just the IAT by splicing just the two outer wires, and im not venting BOV to atmosphere, its going to be a recirc. thats why i used a DSM BOV and got it as close to the TB as possible, and for the adaptor, i just cut the top neck off the stock zetec cat (steel) and bought some steel exhaust pipe, its not stainless, to weld onto it, so i dont see where my problem is. this way my setup between my header and my catback can easily be returned to stock if ever need be, and if i was gonna do that i could also sell this as a complete kit cause it is all bolt-in. im also gonna be making some serious support brackets for everything so the weight of the turbo and WG dont crack anything

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
the stock cat is stainless, we werent refering to the pipe you used.

And I'm telling you, THATS GONNA CRACK. Not trying to be an ass, just trying to warn you ahead of time, I've had PLENTY of experience with this stuff. Best of luck anyhow,

Scott

1 - 20 of 29 Posts