Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this maybe a broad question but what is the best turbo intake to use running 14lbs and also some of the good rods to use? (looking for mid range to high torque)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
alright now that the crickets and frogs have spoken anyone else? ohh and another question, what FMU's are you guys using on your turbofocus's?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I think that with just a few exceptions that everyone is pretty much running the OEM intake manifolds. Tom has been working on a sheet metal one - still a prototype I think, and he has modified some FR manifolds to fit. I think a couple have built there own custom jobs - I think John (Fastrax) did one. But other than that .... ?

Don't know if they are considered "best", but Eagle rods seem to be pretty popular.

Fuel management? The norm now seems to be bigger injectors with a MAF calibrated for them and either a Fordchip, Lidio chip, or Tom/Chip Guy chip.

Also, bigger injectors with a standalone are popular. Quite a few now have Pectel and I think there is at least one Haltec out there.

There are some running a 5th fuel injector setup too, it is called "SFMS" by its manufacturer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts