Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering what kind of work needs to be done to get the gude kit to work properly.. and also is 1100 worth it for the kit.. with maf and injectors... thanks

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
i was just wondering what kind of work needs to be done to get the gude kit to work properly.. and also is 1100 worth it for the kit.. with maf and injectors... thanks
Ask zx3ford... he knows.

But I bet his answer is:

Step 1. Buy new turbo kit.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
It's a decent hardware kit.

If you are looking for no more than 165ishwhp, then go ahead. Buy a SCT chip and get it tuned and you will have a decent kit.

Only problem I see with it, is there is no room to grow. But some people don't mind that.

With that in mind, yes 1100 is a decent deal for the whole kit. Add a $400 chip and you're set.

- Drew

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yea, 1100 is pretty good deal for the kit. I sold a brand new Gude kit some time ago for 1600. As long as you can get the kit tuned right, you'll be fine. Most problems people had were because they ran the kit w/o right tuning - which was advertised as "OK" by the manufacturer...

·
Registered
534 Posts
not true at all.. there are alot of problems with this kit other then just no tuning... but if its in nice shape 1100 ant bad with injectors and maf... there are issues with the kit tho look at some of my previous posts about the gude kit i describe it in detail... i used to have this kit... i put down 170/170 on a safe 4-5psi...

jason

edit: i had the intercooled kit

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks a lot for the info i had to make a quick thought to buy it or not to buy it .. and didnt have the time to search but thanks...im not going to get it..

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'd think that $1100 is worth it for the piping, injectors, MAF and turbo even if you are gonna use the parts for a DIY turbo kit. $1100 is what Tom charges for just his big FMIC set up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts