Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyway i could get some more info on your zx3 turbo kit? i know your website tells alot, but i just want some more info, i am very interested. so far your kit is the only one addressing fuel management so im thinking you would be the best bet....just n.c. is kind of far from me haha.... ***road trip**

·
Registered
556 Posts
not to take from Tom but there's a good thread going about Precisions turbo kit too.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I have personally had a look at both kits. Tom's and the precision. They are both good kits but I have a few doubts about the precision. The manifold looks like a big crack waiting to happen, The MAF is located after the turbo, which can make things a little more difficult to tune. Plus with Tom's kit, you get THE BEST customer service available. Tom personally will do anything possible to help you out. I have seen Tom's kits and work and it is without doubt, flawless! I have yet to see one nicer. Just my opinion!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Well then, according to the thread it's a race
cause I've heard good stuff from both, though Tom's has been around longer. I think the reason for the MAF just before the T/B is so you don't have to worry about a BOV or recirculation...at least I think. I know when I took the recirc. tube off my friends Eclipse for a min. it ran like crap & they have a MAF on the intake of the turbo, not just before the T/B...probably harder to tune though..yah
Cool, finally more...hehe I know Tom doesn't mind a little competition
After all, he does have the experience with these cars.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I don't know what the price on the precision turbo is, but I think if your looking for a turbo and big power, it would be foolish to not go with Toms kit. I mean to get the big power out of Precisions turbo it's going to cost just as much as it would for Toms. So why go with a question mark, when you can go with something that is solid.

Everyone knows, I always raz Tom about posting in the SC threads, but for a straight big power turbo, I personally can't see any reason to buy anything else than Tom's kit.

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Blacko2zx3 You do not have to drive here to do my kit it can be installed by some one there ,Or you can come here and i can install and tune it

Focusbot The blow through air meter will have nothing to do with the BOV and how it works (does the precision kit have a BOV?)I am not much on the oil pump that pumps the oil from the turbo to the oilpan either,Just more things to go wrong pump,wiring,Etc.

I will be glad to answer any questions you have on my kit

Tom

·
Registered
556 Posts
sorry Tom, I actually love the way you present your kit I just think this will probably become the next best alternative (we know it won't be Gude
) And no...no BOV..you'rs does though right

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Yes my kit comes setup for a BOV and with a turbo i feel they are needed

I for one like competition it is good for everyone and it keeps one allways looking how to keep ones kit at the top

Tom

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just love the bov sounds.... i know this is gonna sound gay but i started wanting a turbo when fast and the furious came out cuz of the way the eclipse sounded.. haha i know it was probably enhanced like a mofo but i love. ok back on topic if i drove to n.c. how much extra is install and tuning? i would rather have you install and tune it then someone who knows [censored] about the focus... thanx for your help

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
i just love the bov sounds.... i know this is gonna sound gay but i started wanting a turbo when fast and the furious came out cuz of the way the eclipse sounded.. haha i know it was probably enhanced like a mofo but i love.
I odn't think it sounds so stupid...I like to go back and watch it just to hear the BOVs in all the different scenes...so I can't blame ya on that one bro.

CCC

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
WHEW! so Im not hte only one huh?
Heck, before I got my turbo I drove around making the sound of the turbo spooling and the blow off valve!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heck, before I got my turbo I drove around making the sound of the turbo spooling and the blow off valve!
haha what turbo set up are u running ? numbers ,et, blah blah blah

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Black02,The install is 650.00 and there is no charge for the tuning

I would like to have the car for 3 days to do the install and tuning

Tom

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Tom,

Is tuning required on your kit or does the chip come with a generic burn. Reason Im asking is if i bought your kit, intalled it here, would it be safe to drive from arkansas to you so you can tune it? also would the tuning still be no cost?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
haha what turbo set up are u running ? numbers ,et, blah blah blah
I am running a custom setup of my own. .60 T-3 intercooled, 198.0 whp 200.0 wft lbs with more to come!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Black02,The install is 650.00 and there is no charge for the tuning

I would like to have the car for 3 days to do the install and tuning

Tom
<---Slight Hijacking...

Just so i know whats the total cost for the SVT kit...kit+install+tax+whatever else? Just wondering...thanks.

CCC

·
Registered
186 Posts
just make one yourself.,,
No I kidding, alot more work than what it appears to be.
But seriously I really don't know about the precision kit, but if i where going to a complete kit i would def. spend the extra dough and go with tom's.

which brings up a question i would like to ask tom.
i am currently working on my own custom set-up, when finishished would i be able to purchase your mic kit, and would you help with the tuning, let me know thanx.

just trying to look at my tuning options when it comes time.

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
My kit comes with a chip with 4 settings to go to a dyno with to make sure it is safe ,So far that have been good to go with the way they are sent out

If you did need to come here or wanted to come for more tuning it is free

The SVT kit if you do not want to install it your self is 5800.00 and 750.00 for the install all tuning is free

Yes i will help with tuning with the home built kits

Tom

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Well Tom, now that you conquered the Zetec and SVT, how about a kit for us SPI guys? wink wink

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow, imagine that 18 posts on Toms kit with no rude side bar discussions. At least the other FI camps have some class. With so much coming out why consider old unproven FI.
So is it your tuning? unichip? Chipguy?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts