Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one looked into the possibility of disabling the tpms system? Mostly for the 08+. Sure you can just get new sensors. But thats rather costly.
Even if you hit the reset button the light never turns off. Very annoying.

Though these cars are new now. As they get older more of the stock sensors will start to fail. Creating a larger market for a product like that.

Maybe add it as an optional program to the sct programmers? If it ever becomes available I'm first in line for one.

Link to another thread about this.

http://forums.focaljet.com/tire-rack-tires-wheels-brakes-forum/648607-tpms-beeeeep.html#post7661664

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Considering it would be in violation of a federal law that prohibits the disabling of "safety equipment" such as a seat belt warning indicator, it will never happen, sorry.

Too much liability.
You should know this.

You can disable it yourself with a kludge of some kind. (It is still against the law)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Considering it would be in violation of a federal law that prohibits the disabling of "safety equipment" such as a seat belt warning indicator, it will never happen, sorry.

Too much liability.
You should know this.

You can disable it yourself with a kludge of some kind. (It is still against the law)
I should know what exactly? Its no different in my opinion then an egr, rear cat/o2 sensor disable, or top speed limiter. While not technically legal anywhere. Its still done every day.
My question was aimed at turning off an annoying warning light for those of us who decide not to use that feature.
Or as these systems get older and start to fail eliminating an annoying, unnecessary(my opinion), and costly problem. With these systems being mandatory since 2007 ( Wikipedia). There will be a demand for such a product if possible. Legal or not.

Thanks for the new word. Had to look that up. But in my case thats not practical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts