Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who lives in Ohio knows that the weather changes about every five minutes or so. With that said, it has been difficult to find the ideal intake for the area I live.
I started with an AEM short ram. It was great during the winter months, but engine bogging during warmer weather was out of control.
So then it went to a crappy CAI from ebay. Fitment was crap, everything was threaded wrong, bottom bracket broke - anyone else had this problem? j/k!
. So once I finally completed the install on this thing, I drove around constantly paranoid about hydrolocking my engine.(13" of rain last month!) Bypass? Bahh. Perhaps if I had spent the money for this intake's bigger, and more expensive, brother.

So, after weighing several options, Volant w/SVT snorkle it is!

Does anyone have a modified volant (besides the SVT snorkle)? I'm looking for ideas to make this intake even better.

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
I have the volant, which i LOVE. I have ditched the stock snorkel and used two (actually four, just two connected) pipes from a Raid HP (european brand) short ram intake kit and ran them to my front grill, i have an 02 so i had to cut a corner out of the radiator protector thingy.. I ran one from the bottom hole and one behind the head light down to the grill. I dont have pics (i dont even have a camera cept the disposable ones). I know it doesnt increase horsepower, but it does seem to pull more at speed, especially when passing and going up on ramps.

if i can borrow someones digital camera...or find a scanner i can attempt to put up some pics.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Try a search. I know there are some good ideas, I for one have some stuff posted for cheap mods to the volant.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks orndog, I found your old posts for the extension tube among other great ideas. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts