Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to find out what i can expect after changing the valves to manley from 33 1/2 to 34mm intake and 28 to 29 exhaust port and polished head, custom cams from esslinger, intake from 431 to 461 with 10% duration, exhaust 380 to 400 at 10% duration, crower springs and retainers and egale h-beam connecting rods, je pistions 11 to 1 compression, aem coolair intake, magnum flow exhaust with focus central downpipe, and hopefully kennybells supercharger. would like some opinion about wheel horsepower.

thanks djr

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
well for one...drop that compression man...2 u can't predict it cause the supercharger isn't available on the market yet...what r u gonna do about fuel?..also r u sure u want high duration cams with the s/c?
..also i think the stock intake is 32mm.. sounds like a nice project man..what no header ?

ps: sorry i couldn't give yah whp numbers...guessing with fuel, clutch and so on...at 8 psi intercooler, about 240whp-250whp

[ 01-24-2003, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: KicknZX3 ]

·
Registered
745 Posts
by runnin the S/C i would keep stock compression or less...however the larger valves are a plus but the cams may be too much...valve overlap may be a problem....stick with stage 1 or a mild stage 2 for cams...those would work real well with the oversized valves...get some adj. cam gears for some tuning and a header flex pipe combo would really make it shine....how ever if you stick with the emmissions side of things a shorty header hi-flo Cat and flex pipe would do all right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts