Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Uber or Ubber or as the actual spelling denotes ueber, is a German word. Loosely = very/greatly

Take my new ordered tags, UBER LOW

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o ok i was close. i always thought it meant 'super' just misspelled. like when a lot of us use 'teh'

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
It does. It has a lot of slang meanings. I saw a lifted Jeep with a license plate saying UBER HI. That is how I got my idea.

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
it's simply a loosely translated german prefix that, when used on the net, should be read as "beyond, above, over or super"

In german, when used as a prefix, it's spelled with "Ü", an oomlaut "U".

It was made popular I think by a book written by German philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche titled Übermensch. The title basically means "Over Man" or "Super Man" but not as in a man with supernatural powers, the best I can describe it, the book is about transcending some of Nietzsche's ideas of society's problems.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
It was made popular in America I think by a book written by German philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche titled Übermensch.
Fixed. Another classic example would be the Germany national anthem in the Third Reich, "Deutschland Über Alles" (Germany Over All).

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
I thought it was "California Uber Alles."
Damn Jello Biafra for making up the word "uber."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts