Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Zetec sedan and a ZX2 that I've been considering adding UDP's to. I've been told that the stock pulley is a harmonic balancer and in the long haul a UDP could tear up the crankshaft or worse... any ideas on this matter???

·
Educating Mazda Owners One Thread at a Time
4,723 Posts
Whoever said that is either FOS, or just has no idea what they're talking about.

The Zetec (at least on the Focus) is internally balanced. Installing a UDP will not tear up anything. I've had mine on for well over a year now with no problems and many of the people on this board have had them for longer and will tell you the same.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
UDP was the first thing I put on my car back in November '00. No problems as of yet. The ZX2 is internally balanced as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to two people at two ford dealerships here and they both said not to install them, though they couldn't explain why Ford racing offers pulley kits for both cars... UDP's seem to be a "no brainer" upgrade on the zetec and given the fact that Ford racing offers pulley sets for both cars I thought that it would be odd that installing them would be bad... thanks for the input

1 - 4 of 4 Posts