Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering who makes the best set of UDP's for the focus, how much they will cost, who to order them from and how hard they will be to install, any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Doing a "Search" will yield more info, and everyone has their own opinion, but here's MY take.
I recommend the 1-piece AF/X crank pulley.
JUST over $100. EASY install. (The only bolt you have to really get to, is easy to get to)
I recommend Tony D and NewEdgePerformance.
Shop around if you wish, but I know that his service is excellent.
The gains w/ this 1-piece kit are equal to or better than any other kit, and the ease of installation makes it my choice over the 3-piece kits. The AF/X is the lightest, smallest of the 1-piece kits.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
384 Posts
MichaelXi is correct. The AFX is the smallest of the udp and gives one of the best gains. I'm not sure who gives you more, the AFX or FC 3 piece, but the AFX is less work. I have it and highly recommend it.

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
I think the AFX is the 2nd lightest. But it is the smallest and hence provides the most underdrive. There is definitely tons and tons of info in the forum though (UDPs are really popular).

Stock Zetec engine with AFX UDP and panel filter:

·
Registered
446 Posts
HP output... I think all brands of UDP almost put out the same HP, maybe from .1 to .5
But what I heard that Unorthodox UDP is commonly used in the tuner market. Well... it is up to you.

·
Registered
446 Posts
OOpppsss... I mean HP gained by UDP is from 4.0-5.0 depends on your current engine mod.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Originally posted by Shevvvvv:

But what I heard that Unorthodox UDP is commonly used in the tuner market.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Zetec Tuner Market???

BTW, the UDP does not increase your ENGINE'S Hp.
It increases your WheelHp by reducing the diversion of power and by helping the engine spin up to speed more freely.

[ 12-30-2002, 02:27 AM: Message edited by: MichaelXi ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts