Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
It depends on how big your system is. My UDP helped my car a lot! And I haven't noticed any short term problems (the long term will be there i'm sure, but i dont care this car's days are numbered). Just pull the system and enjoy both the power gains, and the weight loss

·
Registered
133 Posts
All I know is the UDP is probably the best bang for the buck....and like ruggedman says it depends on the size of your system. Do you want to go fast or go deaf?

Paparoach

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
well a stereo doesnt need a car to run, so id say as long as you have 12 volts running to the system its gonna be fine.

Jon

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm running an AFX pulley on my ZX3 with 3 MTX amps. I have had no problems whatsoever, but I also have a couple of Rockford Fosgate 1.0 caps with those amps, so that helps.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
there are many things you can buy to enhance your stereo. remember, a stero is only as good as its wires!

Jon

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Originally posted by jonszx3:
well a stereo doesnt need a car to run, so id say as long as you have 12 volts running to the system its gonna be fine.

Jon
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">where do you think the 12 volts comes from? that battery wont last forever.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i also have an afx udp with a pretty big sound system and i havehad no problems, but i also have a cap, so i dont know if that matters too much

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
as long as the alternator works, the battery is gonna be fine bud

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
talk to a stereo place, ask what you can do to maintain power to your stereo. something that stores extra juice could be of use.

·
Registered
384 Posts
what does your stereo system consist of?

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have a focus central small udp and my sytem is pushing 600watts with a 1/2 farad cap and have no problems at all the battery still charges at 14 volts

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
I've got a UDP and I'm pushing 875W to my 2 12's with a 1 farad cap. Only problem I have is at a stoplight, I can see my volts(on my volmeter) getting a little low(around 10) so I just give it a little gas and it jumps right up to 14.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
and the alternator needs....THE CAR...to work.
but from what ive heard, unless you're pouding a multi-thousand watt SPL system, its not going to matter.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
FocusOnPunk,
if you dont have anything to contribute to the thread, pipe down. keep your ignorance to yourself please.

Jon

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
the UDP is going to take away power at idle, like dim lights and such. if you put a cap on the amps you are going to maintain the proper volts. ALSO, im not sure but buying the FC kit that has the alternator pulley, and could fix such ocurrances.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
no, with your system that small, you will not have a problem.

and hey, there is no need for any quarreling here...i didnt mean to come off as abrasive, just pointing out that a UDP will have some effect. but not for a 4X35

no hard feelings

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
The UDP will have no effect on your stereo, aside from BARELY dimming lights, unless you have a system that doesn't belong in a car anyway.
It will NOT shorten Battery life either.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts