Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the old post and possible concerns about harmonics, etc. with a UDP/light weight flywheel. Now I imagine some have considerable mileage with these items installed.

What I would like is for anyone running BOTH a UDP and light weight flywheel to reply if they have encountered any problems, or not, and approximate numbers of miles with these mods.

Thanks.

[ 02-13-2003, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Welding Rod ]

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
I believe ZXmurph has the FocusSport UDP and Flywheel.

He will reply here soon enough, or you can PM him

- Drew

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
Just a note... the stock crank pulley and flywheel are balanced. Just like you would balance a wheel, weight is removed (instead of added) in certain locations to ensure that the pulley itself is balanced (due to manufacturing tolerance issues).

The Zetec engine is internally balanced, meaning that as long as the flywheel and pulley aren't unbalanced themselves, the system is balanced.

The fact that the UDPs are smaller and lighter, this reduces the unbalanced force that can be exerted on the otherwise internally balanced Zetec. The flywheel isn't smaller, but its lighter, so the same issue.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just found this thread in a search and have a question. I am going to get the UDP really soon and would love to get a new lightweight flywheel down the road. So Ducman, you are saying that I should have no problems running this setup since the engine is internally balanced? I just want to get this straight.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I have the FS alum flywheel and FS UDP no probles works just fine for me. Avg about 30mpg hwy 22 city

·
Registered
546 Posts
I've had the Esslinger UDP and Fidanza flywheel combo for 2 years w/o a single problem.
Mileage wise I've only racked up 24k but it's been trouble free.

·
Registered
727 Posts
i have the FC 3 pulley set and the FC clutch/flywheel together on my car now for about 5k miles, and all is well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts