Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
udp\'s coming loose!!!!

so i was driving around today and i start to hear this ticking noise from my engine and im like WTF, so i pull over into a parking lot and i thought maybe it was my intake vibrating but i seen the pulley wiggling a little bit and instead of 3 bolts holding it on there, there is only one bolt,what do i do to fix this problem fast just go to a hardware store and look for bolts that might fit or take it to a dealership and be like my bolts fell out can y'all put some new ones in real quick

·
Registered
75 Posts
Re: udp\'s coming loose!!!!

I had the SAME problem. I went to AutoZone with the last bolt and purchased similar bolts. Then used red locktite on all three bolts... we will see how that holds up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

thanks im i going to be able to get the bolt out with out have to take the cat apart, because there is another problem , im unable to take off my rims (my mom tossed out the tuner lug key)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

i mean am i gonna have to take the car apart not cat

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

Originally posted by FriendlyFocus:
I'm pretty sure mine just had one big bolt, like 18mm...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, our Esslinger did too.

Here is a pic of a FS UDP.

Where are the 3 bolts you guys are referring to?

- Drew

·
Registered
375 Posts

he's talking about the water pulley that comes with the focus central 3-piece kit...

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

mine falls off daily its normal....

·
Banned
10,374 Posts

Did you torque them down to spec initially, or just guesstimate when it was "tight". Yeah, a lock washer or red locktite would be good insurance if it was torqued to specifications and still vibrated loose.

·
Registered
489 Posts

mine falls off daily its normal....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Uhhhh... DAMN people!!!..No No No! Listen man, obviously you had nothing to do with the installation of this part because you dont know what it is, do yourself a favor and take it back to the people who did the maint. for you...

Demand your money back for that portion of the job. Also just put the stock pulley back on then if they come loose all the time, thats pretty scary...

Take the time, do your own maintenance if you can in the future bro, that way you have total satisfaction and also if you ever break down you know what to do...

[ 12-21-2002, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Sir_Gawain ]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts