Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an Audi Rosemeyer. That's right, it even has a stupid name. Audi engineers on Meth...not good!

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
I've definitely seen uglier... But...

It certainly has character!

Can't say I hate it or love it either way... It's just... weird!

·
Registered
536 Posts
It has character is right.
I kinda like it.Anymore shots?

The ugliest car of all time has got to be the "Gremlin"

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Side pic (huge!) WELL? Am I right? This must be a pre-prototype. Maybe once they refine it, it might be ok.

[ 05-23-2003, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: Mike M. ]

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Looks to be the same sort of car as the Bugatti Veyron. Grand touring, two-seater body, huge output from the motor, probably AWD (it is an Audi, right?), and definitely a "luxurious" price tag.
Who buys these kinds of cars?

And I'm undecided about the look of the thing as well.

G

·
0 Posts
It honestly looks like a streched out TT, with mass amounts of bling bling.... Either way it looks wacked

[ 05-23-2003, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: ami2fst4u ]

·
Registered
694 Posts
Heavily infuenced by the streamliners from the 30's. Very cool. It could stand to loose the eyelids but other thamn that it draws on some pretty cool historical influences. I'd imagine that with a little checking you'd find great significance in the name as well.

EDIT: sorry, not the stream liners but the cars that led directly to them that dominated racing for years in the 30's. Cars like this.

[ 05-23-2003, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: familyman ]

·
Registered
674 Posts
Ugliest...car...ever???

Doubt it, what about the Fiat Multipla, Renault Avantime, or the Nissan Micra. And those are actually production cars, look 'em up. I think you will find that they take the cake.

As for the Rosemeyer, I think it's beautiful. It is sculpted and bold and designed single-mindedly to do one thing. It is designed to go unbelievably fast, just as it's namesake did in the 30's. Study pre-WWII Auto Union's and Mercede's, you will find amazing motoring feats. They had technology far ahead of it's time.

Bernd Rosemeyer himself was a rocket. Sadly, he died in an Auto Union streamliner in 1938 while setting a speed record in Germany. He was driving at 270 MPH when a crosswind threw his car off the track. Look it up, it is a fascinating history and a bold car.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
i agree. lose the headlight eyebrow things and it is (radically) cool looking.

esp the ass shot. that's just mean.

edit: actually from the front shot the eyebrows look like they fold over the lamps, which i think is pretty cool. would definately give a kickass front fascia too.

so.

[ 05-23-2003, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: demonfire ]

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
It's hard to be uglier than the EVO....this may come close, but the EVO still prevails.

[ 05-23-2003, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Dnewma04 ]

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Originally posted by Dnewma04:
It's hard to be uglier than the EVO....this may come close, but the EVO still prevails.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
it never stops

·
Registered
795 Posts
Can I get those brakes on my next focus?!?

BTW, I like the design treatment.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm a fan... reminds me of bulbous Bugatti EB

all the new updated super exotics are getting -different- looking.

The new Rolls Royce/Bently Phantom

[ 05-23-2003, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: 1FST2M6 ]

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
My honest opinion of the Audi is it seems to go against everything that Audi is. There is not a single clean line on the entire car. Quite frankly, it's a disaster.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Sorry, but they've already done a beautiful concept.

You'd think with a dozen years to improve on the Avus they could come up with something better than this LSD
influenced bauhaus art deco nightmare.

[ 05-23-2003, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: racerx ]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts