Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...so i was driving home...all the sudden i heard a clicking noise...seemed pretty fast...also seemed = to rpm...thought maybe it was just a tip of the mud gaurd stuff touching the wheel... plus i was .5 miles from my house...so i just rolled to my house...

upon further inspection... that was a no...

sound is coming from belt connected to the alt...sound seems like its around the crank...belt is in perfect condition...just this weird clicking noise...

engine temp appears to be staying normal! I am totally lost...

if anyone can help thatd be great... PM me your number and i will call and let u hear it...if that helps...

thanks

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
does it do it in park? or only when driving?
cause the clips on the brake pads flip out and hit the wheels and make noise

·
Registered
460 Posts
Probably just the belt running on the pullies...Check to make sure it is running in the grooves and not falling off. The other thing to check is the cover over the crank pulley it may be rubbing slightly.

My car has a slight tick from the belt...but it's always been like that.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is it possible that any of the componets running off of the belt would make such a noise???

ive had an alt go bad, but never make a noise...

the water pump runs off of the crank right...is it possible that it is out? would it make a clicking noise?

its not the JRSC...im sure of that...

and yes...the belt is exactly where it should be...maybe 20k on the belt...63k on the car...

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Try this, remove the belt, run the car. If the noise is still there, then it is engine related. If it goes away it is accesory related. Don't run the engine too much without the belt though as the water pump won't be running.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Could be a Pulley Bearing, or the Belt...
I have a Similar Problem that I'm Slowly trying to Suss out...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts