Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any have this code and successfully running with a Diablo?
This is the next evolution of the SZRx code. And after trying 2 different codes (X14/4bank) I have the same problem. The car refuses to shift from 1st to 2nd at WOT. It pegs at 7K rpms and sits there.

I emailed Diablo directly and got this reponse back...
"I would like to know who the dealer is that sold you the chip. The chip should have been exchanged for the other, in my opinion. The dealer can always send it back to the distributor as a warranty chip.
Nick Spinelli
Diablosport Sales Manager
(561)908-0050 Ext #203
(561)908-0051 Fax
[email protected]"

The "other" chip being referenced is a superchip that works verywell.
I'm amazed at the lack of support and even the inference that I should buy a competitor's product and the dealer should warranty excahnge it!

·
Registered
662 Posts
UIQ0 is not available from Diablosport, that's why Nick is wondering who sold you a chip programmed for it. Sounds like someone took it on their own initiative to program you one of the 4-bank chips with the xau068ks download, which is the universal 4-bank file for 2001 automatic Focus codes, jfr5, szr5, cjw0, cjw1, xau0, xau1.

Superchips has a download file available for UIQ0.

What you guys need to understand is that when a Ford upgrades a code, Superchips and Diablosport need to get access to a PCM "the cars computer" and "read" it before they can create a download file for that particular code.

So, it would appear that Superchips has gotten someone to either send them a PCM with UIQ0, or one of it's dealers to read the PCM locally and upload the code to Superchips so they could hack it....

Since Diablosport doesn't have a read on UIQ0 they can't help you and the person you bought the chip from shouldn't have sold it it and should give you a full refund.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Personally, I think it's cool that they are telling you straight..."WE Can't yet deal with YOUR code Properly. Go with the other for best results.", Instead of yanking your chain and giving you the runaround.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got a follow up reply, in short, the UIQ0 in not a code they have on file and they need to read my PCM to develope a new program.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts