Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
You know something I don't? Any info on the ecu would be good to know
not too much, just havent heard of any problems with the USDM svt/non-svt ecus not letting use spin to any RPM we have yet to command, like i said, i know jim (turbofab) ran to his 8100 on the streets to carry out his gears high MPH wise vs those c6 z06s out there. :D

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
i dont really see the need to raise the limiter. doesnt the rs have a short final drive? perhaps a taller one could be fitted to extend the power bands influence.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
i dont really see the need to raise the limiter. doesnt the rs have a short final drive? perhaps a taller one could be fitted to extend the power bands influence.
ive got a 3.41 final drive pinion and ring, 4th does [email protected]

i know 6800rpm in 5th = 182mph output speed. :eek::D

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Where did you get the intake manifold?

·
Registered
60 Posts
its a area6 mani, nice build jack, would love to have a play with you on track if you ever come south or me north, keep up the good work. thumbs up.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
hey just noticed....

why u being a girl and still suck thru MAF? put ur big boy pants on and go blow thru.

also just a heads up i never had luck with my ID1000's with those purple adapter hats sealing right, they always seemed to seap so i got rid of those adapters and run my with no adapter. (just had to mod the -10AN rail shorter to accept them)

and i have a 4 puck solid disk clutch also, its ok the engagment isnt that bad but ive had issues with mine slipping when i got north of 550+WHP everytime.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
its a area6 mani, nice build jack, would love to have a play with you on track if you ever come south or me north, keep up the good work. thumbs up.
hey , yeh plan on doing more uk tracks once iv got my trailer licene sorted out so im good to tow it everywhere :) , where about you from?

hey just noticed....

why u being a girl and still suck thru MAF? put ur big boy pants on and go blow thru.

also just a heads up i never had luck with my ID1000's with those purple adapter hats sealing right, they always seemed to seap so i got rid of those adapters and run my with no adapter. (just had to mod the -10AN rail shorter to accept them)

and i have a 4 puck solid disk clutch also, its ok the engagment isnt that bad but ive had issues with mine slipping when i got north of 550+WHP everytime.
maf is a far better way to tune the car , its harder to tune , but far more acurate thats what the mappers wanted so thats what i ran ,why do you think every car manufacturer uses maf and not map sensor seeing as the map sensor is much cheaper! The maf has much higher resolution than a map sensor, plus on off boost throttle you can be on very light load or full throttle and still remain on the same load sites with a map sensor, not so with maf :)

was it a sachs ? i ran 570bhp flywheel and had no issues? cant be far off 550whp

SOOOO! first time used in anger i guess (just incase any other time can be mistaken for being used genitally haha :rlmao:)

Entered a local hillclimb

For those that have never been , its basicly a point to point , lasting from anything from 25 seconds up to 90 ish (in the UK anyway) normaly on a tight , twisting ,hairpin , deceiving bended route going up down and round and round! perfect to take a 500bhp fwd car geared to 170mph round !lol :cry:

due to the offshore life (see there is set backs!) i pretty much missed out on the few time attack (and super lap scotland (haggis TA)) rounds i had planned , so seen i was home for this and got it entered as a shake down!

I was never going to win my class (although there was only 2 off us in it lol) because the guy i was up against was a vetrain of the track , and him and his car has 10yrs+ of experiance on me! and then there was the slight issue that his car was a a smidge over a ton in weight , 3/4 made of carbon fiber , and 800bhp+ in the engine department , oh and its twin charged so it pretty much always has that 800bhp on tap ! lol any way enough with excuses, i was there to have fun and test out the car!

ed1 by Jack Strathdee, on Flickr

all prepered! looks semi respectable haha

so day 1 was just to go out and see what was what! find my braking points and try a few routes and see what worked and what didnt! (as its so short you have to be fast everywhere , 1 slip up and your miles off the pace!)

so started the day with a 36.78odd , not to bad , but tons of room !

ed2 by Jack Strathdee, on Flickr

thought i could give vettle some tips on driving :lmao:

ed3 by Jack Strathdee, on Flickr

so now some videos ! did have the go pro on the outside but apparently the 200mph+ rated suction cup isnt enough so had to remove it untill i could secure it with a 2nd point!

Day 1 in order

(p3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpBpp4M7ds

(p4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pmRHi6d3Q8

(r1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVnbc3Xxei8

(r2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vz3lyYPAl0

trackside video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmVPnvc0vN8

So that was day 1 ! happy the car was in 1 bit ! , and felt like i didnt know the track any better due to the fact it was showers all day and the braking points kept changing haha

so day 2 was forcast nice weather and i was going to make the most of it!

Day 2 in order

(p1 - fastest time of the weekend - 32.72)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k9LhHlYHX4

But then it went horrible wrong!

did a quick burn out , lined the car up , built the revs , took up the transmission slack , focused (no punt) did my own count down , lifted the clutch , bang! :cry:

Shafted by Jack Strathdee, on Flickr

now at the time i had no idea what it was , but i knew it was mechanical , hopping it wasn't the gearbox/diff as these had just went back into the car 2 days earlier.

I was on my own in the morning so decided not much i could do , was feeling down , but because of the quick time i set in the morning kinda thought that was that.

My dad was due to come out in the afternoon for the timed runs (this happened at 11ish and timed runs start at 2pm)

so figued id go break the news (again no punt :lmao:) and ask if he could come out earilier! which he said he would

so i got the car back to the loading zone and loaded it up my self , then decided to see what went wrong , seen it was the shaft , had spairs at home but couldnt be hooped dropping oil ect to change it , then i remembered the drivers side has a half shaft so no oil would be lost! boost!! and with the encouragement from a few competitors i decided to phone dad and tell him to bring the shaft from my shed! lol he was 20 miles from home (only 30 to the place) so didnt take it lightly but i think the motor-sport side of him came into play and he went back and got it for me! :beer:

got the car back off the trailer and striped the lot down and had the old shaft out in 5 mins ! dad turned up and fired the new one in and it was good to go! :D

sadly i had missed my 2nd , 3rd and 4th practice run , and being tame as i didnt want to break another shaft or something i "calmed down" just for a run hahaha

(r1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-CRkdwkxZ0

This shows how much a animal the car can be! keeping me on my toes and taken me for a ride! haha

(r2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJu31buOKDg

so all in all a good weekend , could of been worse , could of been better , but thats motorsport in a onner !

happy with my self and the car!

ed4 by Jack Strathdee, on Flickr

and loaded up on her way home! :clap:

Home time by Jack Strathdee, on Flickr

hope that wasnt as gay a read as i think it is haha :thumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
nice one mate, looks a handfull, funny how all these other big powered cars dont brake shafts? wink wink, its mad how both our motors sound the same, I will post a little vid up. impressive.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Nice cage. I have a 2 part question on your cage.

1. Can that cage work with full interior?

2. Can it still work with A-pillar gauges?

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
i still use a maf. its blow thru.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Ah sorry I thought you ment blow thro was a yanky word for map :/ lol

Reason its not there as it would measure air being dumped as being air going into the engine on throttle off and over run. So would dump unwanted fuel into the engine. When throttle plate closes and turbo is still boosting momentarily, pressure rides in the intake BUT DOESN'T CONSUME ANY MORE AIR FROM THE FILTER so the maf isn't seeing any flow at that point but at the filter but it will sense flow if fitted after the turbo as the throttle is closed and dump valve operates.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Nice cage. I have a 2 part question on your cage.

1. Can that cage work with full interior?

2. Can it still work with A-pillar gauges?

Can't say for sure tbh, door cards did still fit but I had the pro2000 seats in , I have a funny feeling the stock seats would be too wide , I'd think it would work with a puller gauges as the cage comes down in front of the dash

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Ah sorry I thought you ment blow thro was a yanky word for map :/ lol

Reason its not there as it would measure air being dumped as being air going into the engine on throttle off and over run. So would dump unwanted fuel into the engine. When throttle plate closes and turbo is still boosting momentarily, pressure rides in the intake BUT DOESN'T CONSUME ANY MORE AIR FROM THE FILTER so the maf isn't seeing any flow at that point but at the filter but it will sense flow if fitted after the turbo as the throttle is closed and dump valve operates.
bro, i know how it works :lol:

i was saying quit being a sally and vent your bov to atmosphere. :) :) (doing blow thru MAF would allow that, without the skewed sensor readings doing suck thru venting the BOV)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Stolle, it's called sleeper. Come on now.

21 - 40 of 294 Posts