Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I left my car today at the mechanic that is doing my piping for my turbo. The manifold I have is retarded but works... it has the turbo underneath it and the problem that occured was that the turbo was hitting the A/C compressor. So the mechanic, who i must say is pretty crazy and cool at the same time, has an attitude that is awesome saying "We'll make it work.":) So since I didnt have two extra flanges I went to this place that does crazy stuff with steel and got some of the right thickness so that the guy can make them from scratch and so he's going to extend the mani so that it move the turbo toward the driver's side.

There is a huge problem though...As of now, I HAVE NO FUEL MANAGEMENT!
I thought the zetec injectors i had recently gotten would fit but obviously they dont. I have a diablo sport chip on the way and thats it...Help a brother out! Let me know what I need! PLEASE!

·
Registered
201 Posts
email this guy: [email protected] and tell him your looking for four 39# EV6 injectors, it should run you about $124.96 including shipping, was the last quote I got from him.

Also go to a junk yard and get a MAF with seperate temp sensor from a 00' - 02' crown vic. Basicly the MAF for the crown vic is setup for 8 19# injectors which is a perfect match for 4 39# injectors.

Then all you need to do is find a local tuner that can tune the diablo chip and your all set to go.

- Josh

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...I have a diablo sport chip on the way and thats it.
How can you have a chip on the way if you did'nt even know what size injectors and MAF to have it programmed for?
b/c i didnt tell them to tune it for anything...im probably going to steeda or the diablo in west palm beach, FL personally to get it dyno tuned

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
How can you have a chip on the way if you did'nt even know what size injectors and MAF to have it programmed for?
b/c i didnt tell them to tune it for anything...im probably going to steeda or the diablo in west palm beach, FL personally to get it dyno tuned
Good boy!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good boy!

thanks yah kindly

·
Registered
201 Posts
for the MAF...is it only '00-'02 cuz i found this from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-02-CRO...sspagenameZWDVW
I'd recomend getting the one with the seperate temp sensor, after working with Jeff, and a local tuning shop here and asking them a but load of questions till the point that they were sick of me if you get the seperate temp sensor it will be alot easier for anyone who knows tuning to tune it well.

- Josh

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
UMDivX: Thank you so much Im gunna e-mail him now....and go looking for the MAF once I get a car...
the stock maf housing is good up to about 10psi.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
What about stock SVT housing? That's what I've got.

I mean, I figured you'd know since you don't have an SVT... why would I ask those guys?

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
how much bigger is it?

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
then I guess it can handle a little more.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Damn you know your stuff!

What equation (or whatever) do you use to figure this up?

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
Im sure there is an equation, I just dont know it.
If you transfered volts to counts and read the counts at 1pst, it would be a linear calculation to see when it maxes out. The only reason I know it can take close to 10 in a suck through is because I helped tune a focus at the dyno where MAF counts were being monitered. At 7psi, it still had about 30% left.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts