Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Very, very cool. I eagerly await your work on this new Foci...you guys did such an amazing job on Spongebob I just know this one will rock.

·
Registered
883 Posts
How do you fill out the paper work when it's delivered to your house? Do you pre-sign? If so, how do you inspect it to make sure there's no flaws and doesn't the dealer have to inspect and go through a checklist before handing you the keys?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
How do you fill out the paper work when it's delivered to your house? Do you pre-sign? If so, how do you inspect it to make sure there's no flaws and doesn't the dealer have to inspect and go through a checklist before handing you the keys?
didnt she get it as one of those $1 cars or sumthin like the last one? lucky bastard
cant wait to see what ya do kris!

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I'll buy the wheels and tires off ya for what you paid for the car

I think it looks fkn sweeeeet

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We were awarded the car through Ford's promotional vehicle program (in a round about way for winning the Ford Award at SEMA last year--we sent in a proposal that includes some serious product development on the car, including a new bodykit). Part of the reason we were awarded the car was due to our impressive prior 'resume' of vehicles--Jeff's been building them a long time, and they all get proper magazine exposure. They give out a certain number of vehicles each year for companies to develop and promote product with (no SVTs). We are obligated to fulfill what our proposal states, as well as go to shows, get the car in magazines, basically as much exposure as we can. We have to send Ford quarterly reports that outline our progress, where the car's been, as well as photos, for 18 months. After that 18months, the car is ours to do what we choose to do with it. We were one of 8 people/companies that were awarded Foci this year. Obviously their main goal was to promote the F150 as much as possible, you'll see a million of those at SEMA.

Chrysler, Hyundai and Mazda all have similar programs, and GM does for Cavaliers, Sunfires and Saturns (you can get trucks, but its 30 back on invoice). Nissan and Mitsubishi give 'crushers'--you get the car, don't have to register or insure it, but you have to return it when the contract is up. Jeff did a Lancer like that for Kaminari when he worked there. And I think Toyota gave out several Scion this year for $1 as well.

The only thing we had to worry about when recieving the car was that it's a California "emissions" car-hence the PZEV. No dealer has to touch it. We get the title from Ford and register it under our company name. The car already has insurance up the yingyang, per the rules of the promotional contract.

BTW--Jeff already has almost the whole interior out of it and ready for Wet Works and Stitchcraft on Tuesday morning

At least I got to drive it!! And I have to say, I'm a 'believer' in Teh PZEV!!!!

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Very cool man. Didnt you seel Spongebob? L8er Jon

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
very cool, but it needs a bodykit bad
and as a matter of fact so does mine! Get crackin on it!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts