Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, does anyone have any pics of the standard ZX3 exhaust setup? I am looking to see how difficult it would be to modify a ZX3 exhaust to fit an SVT, but I need some under-body shots to see what exactly the difference is. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

[ 09-26-2002, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: belacyrf ]

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
why would you want to put a zx3 exhaust on an SVT?
unless you are playing a joke on one of your buddies with an SVT?

(i think www.myfordfocus.com might have pix of the stock exhaust, btw)

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean an Aftermarket ZX3 exhaust. I really want the HKS exhaust, but I dont' want to do a custom job with just their muffler, because I know I will not get the quality tone, that the ZX-3 gets. So if I can see what the major differences is, I can factor in how difficult it will be to modify flanges or extend the piping!

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Well why don't you buy the Muffler - And have a shop Custom Bend(Mandrel)some pipes for you.

Or maybe, buy the whole exhaust, sell the piping and keep the Muffler.

Just throwin some ideas at ya

- Drew

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
most shops don't have a mandrel pipe bender. have you priced one lately?

some may but be careful if you are that concerned about it being mandrel bent. i was going to use one at American Airlines up at D/FW airport.

I don't think you'll notice the difference between crush bent and mandrel bent for the purposes and levels at which the car will be running. i could be wrong though.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The thing is, the SVT already has a pretty free flowing exhaust. So to get gains out of it, is going to take a top notch exhaust.

The HKS design is perfect, because it's design allows for the shortest exhaust exit (due to it almost being straight piping. I'm not a huge fan of the angled exit, but I'll live with it, for the design of the HKS. So if I could see the under side of a ZX-3, I'll know how difficult it would be to modify the HKS to fit an SVT!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts