Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
AFX is the best for crank only under drive pulley. Smallest, lightest, great gains. Search the archives.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
The esslinger is actually lighter....but the AFX is smaller.

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
not only that, but a few ounces of weight that close to the center of rotation means very little in the grand scheme of things.

AF/X is the still the best single pulley.

the FC 3-piece set beats it out, but only if you install all the pullies (the alternator is a pain in the ass and most people leave the alternator pulley off). If you leave off the alternator underdrive pulley from the FC set, it is actually making less underdrive than the AF/X.

·
6,880 Posts
focus central ownz yall
with the exception that I can install an AF/X in under 10 minutes and without so much as pulling a wheel off.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
so the general consensus is...???

CCC

·
6,880 Posts
IF money is no object, Focus Central and AF/X are the best ways to go. The gain of the FC 3Pc over the AF/X is negligable, yet existant. In my opinion, it's too much of a pain in the butt to install an alternator pulley for another 1 HP or so over the.

It just so happens that, at a scant $105 from NewEdgePerformance.com, the AF/X is also the cheapest crank-only pulley around.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Anyone ever heard of Unorthodox UDP for focus? I saw it somewhere not long ago.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
just get one....the only thing a smaller crank pulley will do is let the engine rev faster.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Anyone ever heard of Unorthodox UDP for focus? I saw it somewhere not long ago.
If you like spending lots of money for 'better service', go for it. They're both made from a single piece of aluminum, AF/X is smaller, lighter, and like half the price.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Well, my suggestion, as well as most others here, seems to be AF/X.. it's REALLY easy to install, and noticable gains.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Where can you get the AF/X and is it a 1pc UDP setup...do they have a website?

CCC

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I'm so torn...it seems to be more of a personal opinion thing. Focus Sport's is at least dyno proven...which is nice!!! Are there dynos on the others???

CCC

1 - 20 of 33 Posts