Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats happenin fellas i have ordered a AEM CAI and underdrive pulleys but ive heard they can damage the motor is this true? And are there any other potetial problems besides that? On a side thought i need help in this category too......After the pulleys, intake and exhaust wat do i do next (by the way i have a ZX3 automatic)? Where can i get a better transmission.?

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Header, High Flow Cat, Flex Pipe, Chip.

I had an UDP on my 1st Focus for 10k miles (automatic) and it didn't hurt anything (besides the a/c).

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
No... they don't. They can other engines... there is NO evidence that they adversely affect our engines.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot.

Now i need help on finalizing my exhaust system

Headers: JBA shortys
Hi-Flo cat:
Flexpipe:
Cat-back: Borla

·
Registered
849 Posts
I had almost every both-on my autotragic ZX3 i only needed a chip and cam gears but I sold it before I could do that. I never had a problems.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
No... they don't. They can other engines... there is NO evidence that they adversely affect our engines.
Now if you had the 2.3L its a different story...but have at the zetec with those UDP's!

·
LET'S GO RIDE BIKES
2,760 Posts
Yeah, I've had mine on for about 20,000 miles now. No problems here

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cant harm your engine. I put the crank pully on my car at 23k and now I have 96k and I never had to do eneything except change my belt(normal maintanence).

Its all good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts