Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Just curious as to whether anyone has actually installed them yet...I know at least one Jetter has received them, but no one has posted any follow-ups...
Thank you...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I was waiting for FS's kit...but I may just spring for it and buy the FC kit. I'd really rather just replace one pulley. It's beginning to take wayyy too long for parts to come out for this thing.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I was waiting for FS's kit...but I may just spring for it and buy the FC kit. I'd really rather just replace one pulley. It's beginning to take wayyy too long for parts to come out for this thing.
hang in there Focussport is gonna release some bitch products.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
no doubt...Randy appears to be all over this...plus he's actually asking for the input of 2.3 guys at a more personal level.

FS, you have a year or two, and by then the aftermarket had better be roaring. (course, stick'll be out of warranty in about three months, so I'd speed up a bit more than that
)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
(course, stick'll be out of warranty in about three months, so I'd speed up a bit more than that
)
Three months?? ...You are very generous, kind sir...

...And Andy...Be very careful of single pulley underdrive kits...I bought the ASP pulley for my truck (just a crank pulley; nothing else), and it did nothing...They didnt make the pulley small enough for it to make a noticeable gain with all of the other pulleys stock-sized...Just a heads-up...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
(course, stick'll be out of warranty in about three months, so I'd speed up a bit more than that
)
Three months?? ...You are very generous, kind sir...

...And Andy...Be very careful of single pulley underdrive kits...I bought the ASP pulley for my truck (just a crank pulley; nothing else), and it did nothing...They didnt make the pulley small enough for it to make a noticeable gain with all of the other pulleys stock-sized...Just a heads-up...
From what I've heard the Esslinger and AFX were the best for the zetec. I certainly could notice my esslinger. The FC pulley's just weren't as light as the competition, nor were they as small. I'm not sure how radical the ones for the PZEV are, but until I see dyno proof I dont know that I can trust an FC part

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont know that I can trust an FC part
Hmm...That seems to be the general consensus with a lot of people on this board...

...Im actually wary of underdrive pulley kits in general, but I am not totally against them...I was just letting you know about my unfortunate experience...If youve had good luck with a different company in the past, then by all means go for it again, if they ever make a pulley, and lemme know how it works...

Later!!

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
the FC pulley kit dynoed at 7-8whp

i will try to get a list off all the 2.3l parts by FC and get the dynoes for each one. They do test each one on the dyno to see how much hp it adds.

chris

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the FC pulley kit dynoed at 7-8whp
That seems awfully high for just pullies...And what about torque?? ...Thats what Im more concerned about...

But yeah, it would be cool if you could get their dyno numbers for all of the mods...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts