Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the conceptual stages of building a totally custom, one-off, made to my liking Carbon Fibre intake for my ZX3.

I don't really want the thing to melt.

Anybody have any idea what sort of underhood temperatures a Zetec produces on a hot day...say sitting on the grid at autoX, or stuck in city traffic?

Thanks

Rex

·
Registered
143 Posts
i recently mounted a temp sender in my air filter to find out just how hot the air going into my engine gets. bear in mind i have an open end cone filter. at cruse temps are = or > outside temps a little variance + or - a few degrees, however at idle the temps rise rather quickly they get up around 120 when you shut the car down and return within 30 min or so. to combat this problem im going to make a fiberglass box with some fancy duct work to ensure the coldest possible air tmeps to my motor.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you're saying that the underhood temps reach up to 120 deg F? What about on a really hot day? Say +100 deg F? The underhood temps must go above 120 deg F ?

Anybody got any other input?

Thanks

Rex

·
Registered
247 Posts
On a day this last summer, 85 degrees or so I checked the air temp via OBD-II at idle. It hung around 115-120. Cruising it went down to 60-65. That is with a MAC short intake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts