Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well you can't see from the pics I've got the car back together with the ProCharger system and she's running pretty good. She's needs a little more tuning.

As you can see I've got my Centerline Storms back on, but I had them powder-coated in a "Raw Titanium" which is a color I got from the '05 Ninja 10R

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
I think you should have left the Centerlines Chrome, or had them powdercoated black. They look faded and dirty. But a perty SVT.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
love the wheels but now they just don't pop as much...from far away i would think they are dirty SVT's

but nevertheless, its what you like and thats all that matters...love to hear bout the ProCharger

how much power u burning into the pavement?

-chris

·
Registered
677 Posts
agree on the dirty wheel look, sorry.

im sure they look better in person.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you should have left the Centerlines Chrome, or had them powdercoated black. They look faded and dirty. But a perty SVT.
When they were polished they were nearly impossible to keep clean/looking good and black wheels are more than played out if you ask me.

I love that color! (saw some of those bikes at MotoGP).

I bet it just rawks in person. Great idea
Thanks Kris... Yes it is much better in person.

Oh and about the ProCharger... It's making good power and I'll post dyno plots after I get back on the rollers.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Those wheels look great!
the car looks great!!
Is it at stock height?
Did they have to beadblast them before powdercoating?
I wonder how much these would weigh in a 18"?

Keep up the good work?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those wheels look great!
the car looks great!!
Is it at stock height?
Did they have to beadblast them before powdercoating?
I wonder how much these would weigh in a 18"?

Keep up the good work?
Stock height and yes he blasted them before he shot'em and I can't imagine the 18's would weigh too much more than these. I believe these 17's are 15 lbs if I remember correctly. Thanks for the kind words!

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
the rims are sharp..... theyre spotless..... cameras never do a titanium finish justice trust me

i think you need a drop tho

·
Registered
543 Posts
Dem wheels look good to me. At first I did a double take I thought they were stock SVT wheels. Anyhow they look good. Now two quick questions. Where did you get your procharger, and how much do they go for?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the rims are sharp..... theyre spotless..... cameras never do a titanium finish justice trust me

Thanks...No drop for me. Quite pleased with the comfort vs. performance of the stock setup.

Dem wheels look good to me. At first I did a double take I thought they were stock SVT wheels. Anyhow they look good. Now two quick questions. Where did you get your procharger, and how much do they go for?
Got the ProCharger from Hypnotic and it was $3300.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts

Thanks...No drop for me. Quite pleased with the comfort vs. performance of the stock setup.

Got the ProCharger from Hypnotic and it was $3300.
[/quote

car looks awesome how about some engine shots and numbers?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's really nothing to see under the hood. You can't see the blower and you can barely see the intercooler.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
definatly a huge step up with the powdercoating! nice work!
Thanks man!

I think I saw you on my way to work one day When I worked up in N. Ridgeville and one day when I worked in Warrensville Heights.

I've seen a few hot Red SVT's around

Hope you can make it to our g2g I know its a hike for ya.

Looking like a fine peice of machiery !
Well it hasn't been on the road in about 2 months, so I don't know if you saw me.
I'm planning on hitting up the g2g.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I dont know why everyone complains about keepin the centerlines clean. Ive had mine on all summer and the only thing ive done to them is wash them when I wash my car and this is what they look like. The key is using ZoopSeal. Put it on before summer and they'll look great! Its well worth the money for this kit. This is the kit I got but there are more to choose from. http://www.zoopseal.com/product-detail.asp?prodID=9550

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/kampfire/31a7d554.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/kampfire/focus6.jpg

·
Registered
719 Posts
i like it, powdercoating is gonna get huge soon.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah it would've been fine to Zoop'em before they got really tarnished, but I didn't and they did and powder-coating was cheaper than sending then back out for a re-polish and the zoop together.
Plus I wanted a unique finish on my wheels.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts