Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the unofficial Results of the Track Attack2, Once I get the offical times I'll post them... But this what we had.

1st: FocusSport 2.3L Turbo ZX3
2nd: F2/Gillis 2.3L ZX4 ST
3rd : FocusSport/HR 2.0L Turbo ZX3
4th Severns Racing 2.0L Spec Focus ZX3
5th Chris Stout 2.0L Supercharge ZX3
6th F2/Gillis 2.3L ZX3

Good job by all... All drivers ran very well and very clean. I far as I know there was no 4 offs at all. Great Job.

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Tried like hell to get the car up to speed, but it was down to 7 PSI boost and felt like my old N/A car. Pulled the cat tonight, looks cooked. Congrats to all! Sorry guys, we gave it a good shot. I was posting the same times I did a few years ago in The Flea, so that should tell you something.

I nave to say thanks to Ted for answering all of my questions and I am impressed with the way NASA has come along! I'm sure I'll be back! (with a better car...LOL)

Thanks to Ricardo, for if it was not for him, I would not have been there!

Watching Raffi FLY down the front straight was awesome! The man can drive and the car does haul!

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
The FocusSport turbo car was making 140+ down the straight yesterday, and I think it made 150 at the end of the straight this morning in the first session today when it turned the 1:33.7

Overall Raffi took second in TTU, where he classed himself because he didn't wanna do the math to find out the actual class.

:lol:

I think he woulda been TTB or TTA... which means he woulda won the class... overall he placed 5th behind some TTR cars and that mean ass 500+whp STI.

Chris did at one point put 4 off.... when his tire went flat in the 3rd session of day 1 IIRC... comin out of turn 1. Had a slight close call but Chris did what he should have, put both feet in and just aimed off course to get outta the way.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
The man himself, Raffi, in front of the H&R Focus; though he turned his 1:33.7 (lol - 1337) time in the FocusSport car:

Raffi in the H&R Focus:

Ted Severns in his Zetec Focus Spec car:

The Gilles sedan:

airforcefocus, Chris Stout:

Cruisin over to race control to get some lap times:

Randy relaxing between datalogging and downloads:

Rachel chillin' after her brilliant night of poker; she held a royal flush to the amazement of the poker vets:

Todd, scrutinizing important info:

Raffi and his zip ties, the secret to his blistering speeds:

The Inimitable Dyno Vic:

Dan, who kept everything on an even keel:

Yours truly, who made it back to L.A. in time for some Hungarian Goulash:

Thanks, Team FocusSport, for a fun mini-vacation - the weather and the company was reet. :party:

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Had a good time this weekend. :)

Our cars got too hot again. The FS car went into limp mode once and scared us for a few minutes, but other than that the cars ran flawlessly.

Raffi was flying around the track. We were all concerned with the OEM Focus cooling system, though, and it did hold us back just a bit. If we had better cooling, I'm sure we could have gotten a 1:31xxx. Oh well, we know it IS an issue that has to be dealt with now - its not just on the low speed tracks.

Our 1.33.7xx was still good for the fastest Focus of the weekend and good for second place in TTU if I'm not mistaken - second only to that buffed out Subie.

Anyone get the FS ZX3 passing that Viper on the front straight on film/video?

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Ted7rns said:
Here's the unofficial Results of the Track Attack2, Once I get the offical times I'll post them... But this what we had.

1st: FocusSport 2.3L Turbo ZX3
2nd: F2/Gillis 2.3L ZX4 ST
3rd : Severns Racing 2.0L Spec Focus ZX3
4th FocusSport/HR 2.0L Turbo ZX3
5th Chris Stout 2.0L Supercharge ZX3
6th F2/Gillis 2.3L ZX3

Good job by all... All drivers ran very well and very clean. I far as I know there was no 4 offs at all. Great Job.
I thought we were going up against at least one turbo? Was that not the case?

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
FocusSportVP said:
I thought we were going up against at least one turbo? Was that not the case?
Nope, you had the only turbo cars.

·
Franklin's My Friend!
1,089 Posts
It was a great time. Everyone drove so well-it's so great to watch! Raffi in the FS White Turbo ZX3 was amazing, coming in with the best focus time, and getting a 2nd place medal in the TTU-falling only behind a jaw-dropping Subara. It was a great 2 days! Thanks to everyone who came out. Thanks for the crew for such good times-like our poker/pool party :) I got a royal flush-I thought Todd and Dan were going to stop breathing for a second! Good Times.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
We had a good time... It was a great weekend, even the weather was good. My car ran flawless all weekend and was able to turn a 1:39.6 in the Spec Focus during Qualifying.

The race went well for us. We were able to beat all the Spec Miata's on Saturday, but made some changes for Sunday, and I was able to pick up a second on all the Miata's and some Spec 944 cars and left them way behind.

I also got a lot of NASA racers asking a lot of questions about the Spec Focus Series. One by a Spec Miata owner who wants to make a switch next year.

But way to go FocusSport. I pretty much knew the car to reach the 1:33 mark first would be the winning car.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
airforcefocus said:
Nope, you had the only turbo cars.
Focussport was the only turbo cars. Andrew was running our production street motor, it has our new stage 3 head package that will be announced soon. The car was making 225hp at the wheels. So this was not his race motor at all, it is the motor going on my SEMA sedan. I was very impressed by it and I thank Andrew and team for coming out.

As for myself I am not the fast driver I was before, it has been at least 5 years since I left SCCA Club Racing and about one year since I have been on the track. But got some pointers from Andrew and Richard (president of Vogtland) and I would drop one second each time I went out. My fastest lap was a 1.42 with a passenger and that is with a 2.3L with only bolt ons....I still have the balance shaft...so the motor is bone stock. I managed to break a ball joint and a rear bearing. I have found that the RS wheels are not ideal for racing they are just to heavy.

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
Dig it ,and even though I wasnt there, wanted to say thanks for your efforts! Looked to be some of the west coast elite. Bummed I couldnt play.

Dont think we would have had anything for Raffi, but would guess that we would have been competitive with the rest. Thanks Ted

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ted7rns said:
Does this car look lower?
Wow, much lower! I noticed your helmet looks dark too? Hmm, did you have a secret hot shoe in the car? :lol:

I think by far the best race of the whole weekend was with me and Chris.
The scene, sunday morning, 7:16am.
The place, Willow Springs, cafateria.
Chris and I lock eye and we simultaneously start sprinting for the counter, both of us throwing in an elbow or 3 trying to gain position. We both used the counter as brakes as we came to a sudden stop with a thud whilst both exclaiming, "COFFEE!"

The response from behind the counter, "Were closed".

Ahh, good times indeed!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
BTW.... the track record was set in a indycar @ 66.050 seconds... by Michael Andretti... Nigel Mansell in a Formula 1 Car did a 66.3.... back in '82. A modern F1 car would kick the crap outta that record I'd assume.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts