Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Foci-Racer said:
Wow, much lower! I noticed your helmet looks dark too? Hmm, did you have a secret hot shoe in the car? :lol: :
Yes Shawn... We know that was you in the car, But the "Hot shoe" was slower then the owner on that day. :lol:

Foci-Racer said:
I think by far the best race of the whole weekend was with me and Chris.
The scene, sunday morning, 7:16am.
The place, Willow Springs, cafateria.
Chris and I lock eye and we simultaneously start sprinting for the counter, both of us throwing in an elbow or 3 trying to gain position. We both used the counter as brakes as we came to a sudden stop with a thud whilst both exclaiming, "COFFEE!"

The response from behind the counter, "Were closed".

Ahh, good times indeed!! :thumbup:
:lol:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Foci-Racer said:
Wow, much lower! I noticed your helmet looks dark too? Hmm, did you have a secret hot shoe in the car? :lol:

I think by far the best race of the whole weekend was with me and Chris.
The scene, sunday morning, 7:16am.
The place, Willow Springs, cafateria.
Chris and I lock eye and we simultaneously start sprinting for the counter, both of us throwing in an elbow or 3 trying to gain position. We both used the counter as brakes as we came to a sudden stop with a thud whilst both exclaiming, "COFFEE!"

The response from behind the counter, "Were closed".

Ahh, good times indeed!! :thumbup:

WE!!!! We did a lot of work this weekend!!

Shawn you are an awesome guy, I am glad I got to hang out with you!!!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
aerostudent said:
Were those posted times handicapped?

I'd really like to see raw times as well.
Well, Shawn went out on the 2nd Session on Sunday without enough fuel in the car, does that count as a Handicap?? :lol:

Next time Shawn "WE" need to make sure you have enough fuel.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
FocusSportVP said:
Hey Ted since there weren't that many of us, can you just post the times here or do we need to wait for the official NASA site? :)
I don't have all the offical time yet. So, I have to wait until they show up on My Laps.

I know the FocusSport car ran a 1:33.7... and I believe the H&R car ran like a 1:39 something???

·
███████
2,662 Posts
Hey Guys, I wanted to thank all of you for the great time I had and Yes.... I was the passenger when ricardo ran the 1:42 for those that have seen me I'm not small (250 LBS) Maybe that's what broke the car :lol: All I know is that @1:42 I was Totaly Enjoying the ride !! :eek: I'm a total Newbie when it comes to Racing on a track, This has enspired me to run my car in the next event If I can ??

Thanks for the Ride Ricardo, and thanks to Andrew Gillis Great meeting the team that makes it all possible for F2 !!

And to Focus Sport, GREAT Times, And Glad that you guys were there !! You hackers you!!! 1337 :lol: :lol:

Troy. :party:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
FocusSportVP said:
I think the H&R Focus ran a 1.38, but don't recall and that is why I'd like to see the results. :lol:
Yeah that is what is in question in right now. I know the Spec Car and your car was very close in times.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
goldse said:
Hey Guys, I wanted to thank all of you for the great time I had and Yes.... I was the passenger when ricardo ran the 1:42 for those that have seen me I'm not small (250 LBS) Maybe that's what broke the car :lol: All I know is that @1:42 I was Totaly Enjoying the ride !! :eek: I'm a total Newbie when it comes to Racing on a track, This has enspired me to run my car in the next event If I can ??

Thanks for the Ride Ricardo, and thanks to Andrew Gillis Great meeting the team that makes it all possible for F2 !!

And to Focus Sport, GREAT Times, And Glad that you guys were there !! You hackers you!!! 1337 :lol: :lol:

Let me know if your going to run Troy, The next event is in October at Buttonwillow, we want to make sure we assign Shawn or myself as your instructor for the day or weekend.

October is good date to go, because both Shawn and I are going to racing the #32 car in a 3 hour night Enduro.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i had a blast as well guys. just watching and getting a feel for my first NASA event on Sat, then actually running the mazda on sunday. for some reason my best lap of the day was right when my atx overheated and decided it wanted to do all the shifting again....so i think i could have sqeezed another .4 out of turn nine if i could have shifted into 3rd (crazy 4speed).

spent a lot of time with the F2 guys, also nice meeting airforce who i was parked next to on Sunday. Really hoping to make Buttonwillow, and will be there with better tranny cooling and some rear camber as i saw was in great need when pulling off my tires.

thanks again to all! first time at the big track in my car, and not a single tire off!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yeah we have some video coming. I believe we have an TTF car getting Chris Stout in a Four Wheel Drift once.

Should be fun to watch.

·
███████
2,662 Posts
dude !!! Chris Got SOOO Sideways, And then he needed a new pair of [FJ] Undies When he was done. I must say Very good driving On Chris's Part And Nobody got hurt Just Soiled themselves :lol:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts