Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do people install unpianted body kits and drive around with them? Isn't easy to send it to the shop to get painted without having to send the whole car?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
maybe they had it test fitted, and are driving it to the body shop?

I also think unpainted body kits is a bad idea, ive seen where the bodykit gets ruined a lot easier when there is no paint on it.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Why do people install unpianted body kits and drive around with them? Isn't easy to send it to the shop to get painted without having to send the whole car?
Well, if it's fiberglass, it is good to have the bodykit (unpainted) on the car for a bit so the kit can settle in and have a "perfect" fit before it gets painted.

Another reason would be they're part of a team called "Team Unpainted Bodykit" or they just like the whole incomplete look.

It's not that easy to send the kit to the shop to just have it painted, because it requires what we call cash for it to be done.

Some people just drive around with them unpainted bodykits due to the fact they have a lack of funds for it to be painted.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Some people just drive around with them unpainted bodykits due to the fact they have a lack of funds for it to be painted.
I think that's more like it. The old mcdonald's minimum wage paychecks just can cut it for the mad tunerz

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I think that's more like it. The old mcdonald's minimum wage paychecks just can cut it for the mad tunerz
Who cares right? It's their car, their money, they can do wahtever they want. As long as the person is happy with what he/she is doing, it's all cool.

·
Banned
379 Posts
i wrecked my front end and bought a saleen front bumper. most body kits require a week to cure on the car (settle) so that the fitment is good b4 you paint it... mine is unpainted right now due to the fact that i have to take it off to get it painted and i wont have another car to drive... people have their reasons... when it rains it matches my car tho, the urethane gets black and i feel special

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
i drove around for a long time with my kit not painted. took it on and off about 6 times to work on fitment and make braces to help support the bumpers. i also wanted to get used to how low the front end was so as not to waste my money painting it then curbing it the same week.

·
Registered
860 Posts
It's their car, their money, they can do wahtever they want.
...Probably more likely its their parents old car, and their parents money...

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
personally, I made sure I saved enough for the paint before my install... I didnt wanna be part of Team UPBK

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
I test fitted mine for like 2 weeks, then actually ended up painting it myself... People wanted way too much.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think a couple of you might have taken offense to my question when all I was getting at was that I have a fiberglass bumper and was wondering if there was something I neeeded to know. The fitment thing makes sense. As far as just driving around unpainted cause you can't afford the paint, patience.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If it's fiberglass it doesn't need to adjust to fitment...it either fits or it doesn't. As far as going unpainted due to funds....just wait until you have it, it's ghetto not to. It's like driving around with two stock wheels and two aftermarket wheels just because you can't afford the whole set. The one good thing about you guys that do drive around looking like this is that it makes a car that's done right look that much better....because it's done the right way.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Never heard of the settling issue...I know there are many, many cars around here that belong to Team UPBK. Actually there are about 6:1 ratio for primered vs finished cars around here. It would be fine for maybe 2 weeks for whatever reason, but here I have seen 2 or 3 like that for 2 YEARS. There just any reason for that. You could save change in a jar and have the money to paint it in two YEARS. But it is their choice, I guess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts