Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sweet, finally someone come out w/ a cheap TB. When will it be available? And who is going to do the Tech support?

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
that is cheap as hell damn....whoever tries it first, please post a review...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Lets not forget one thing.....you get what you pay for! That piece looks like **** and the build quality doesn't look that great either. You DO get what you pay for.

Kev

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
even though i am left kinda skeptical about FC as a company after seeing all the threads about the CF hood fiasco, i still think their TB is awesome. i mean yeah some peoples stuck when they first bought them, but i'd say like 95% of the TB owners on here have the FC...even though there WAS another throttle body available the whole time.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I wonder if the fact that the plate is mounted underneath the bar. Will it cause the air to become more turbulant. Possibly not getting as much horsepower as they could if the plate was mounted on top???? Just a thought by looking at it.......Russell

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
well if its not fc tb then it must be junk! way to be opened minded about companies coming out with new products for the focus. the reason it doesn't look as pretty as fc's tb is because its a cast piece not 100% machined out of an aluminum block. its easier to mass produce and does not cost as much to produce, so there for they don't have to sell for as much.

·
Registered
727 Posts
some people have no idea what opportunity cost means.
I myself think it looks good, and the price looks even better!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hell I like it and I'll give it a try. I had a FC TB, but got ride of it due to sticking issues. I don't care if it doesn't look as pretty as the FC, being that its only cast pieceand not 100% machined out of an aluminum block. Big Deal, who sees your throttle body anyways.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I just applied to become a supplier....... Stay tuned....... Can you say "cheap"?

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
my point exactly you can't see it anyways. lets just wait and see how it performs. i think you can buy direct. if there is enough interested people i have them checking on group buy pricing.

[ 01-11-2003, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: CWCZX3 ]

·
Registered
302 Posts
Originally posted by AlaFoci:
Lets not forget one thing.....you get what you pay for! That piece looks like **** and the build quality doesn't look that great either. You DO get what you pay for.

Kev
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Some times a manufacturer is able to build things cheaper without compromising quality. I have a MAC shortie intake, and the quality is great. I believe the design is better than any "filter on a stick" intake on the market, and they went the extra mile and had it CARB certified. Don't rule out any MAC product based on its low price. They make some good stuff.

·
Registered
384 Posts
If a group buy can be set up CWCZX3, count me in. I want it.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
hmmm, interesting, 1 bypass hole as oppsed to the 3 on the fc tb, thats how i had to get my fc tb to work properly was plug 2 of the holes in it. but oh well

·
Registered
116 Posts
taking bets that this will show up at 10 different suppliers in a few months in a white box w/ Ford Racing on the side...
TPS? Anyone? Does the old one transfer from the stock TB? Bueller?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts