Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The updated transaxel, clutch, pressure plate and slave cylinder were just put into my car by ford today (part numbers match up). I noticed the part number for the flywheel was the old "2M526375 AA". Is this even possible? the TSB clearly states "THE REVISED FLYWHEEL, CLUTCH DISC AND PRESSURE PLATE ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH PRODUCTION LEVEL CLUTCH COMPONENTS. DO NOT INTERCHANGE OR MIX." The flywheel bolt installed, part number "W707339 S430", is the new one (along with the dowel pins).

Reason I ask is that the car is drivable and the "marbles in a can" sound is gone, but the clutch engages/disengages high up on the pedal (as soon as you step on it). I expected it to catch around the middle or lower as IIRC others experienced.

I go back next week for O2 sensors and a valve cover gasket. So I'll inquire more than, but I want to be armed when I get there.

1. Is it possible that the old flywheel was installed?
2. Could that be why the clutch engages high?
2b If not, what could be the reason?

TIA

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just had mine done in May, (3rd time) and you are correct, the part # you showed is the old flywheel. The new part # I have on the paper work is
FLYWHEEL: 3S4Z-6477-AA
PRESSURE PLATE: 4M5Z-7563-AA

I would sure have them replace that with the right part as my SVT tech tells me that the dual mass flywheel is the root cause for all these clutch problems in the first place.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll definately talk to them on Monday. I know it's the wrong part number, I just wanted to know if it was even possible for the car to run if the old one was indeed installed (with all the other updated parts). I'm hoping he just gave me the wrong part number and the right one was installed. I have the text of the TSB but I cant find the scan of the original that I once saw floating around.

Where does your clutch pedal grab? high or low?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so it's monday morning and I just got off the phone with SVT. To answer my own question and if anyone else is interested, the old flywheel should not mate properly with the new components. The wearing surface on the new one is thicker. (besides all the old ones should have been destroyed by now.) so, it should not be possible for the old FW to have been installed with the other updated components. of course I'll still follow up with the service department (the clutch still catches high anyway).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts