Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I have about $600 to spend. For my b-day hopefully I'm getting my side skirts, door panels, door handles, and hatch strip painted to match. I want to hear some suggestions on what to do next? I was thinking MAFS or 65mm tb, but I've read of lots of problems with the tb, and I need an adapter for it to fit the volant. I'm paiting the interior myself. How would you blow $600?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would by either the high flow cat and shorty header or the race header(race in my own opinion). I wouldn't spend the money on the tb I would just port the stock intake and tb if you have an 00, if not an 00 just port the tb. You will see more gaines from one of those setups than you would if you bought the tb.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I thought about that, but it's going to be REAL loud then isn't it? I don't mind at all, but my neighbors might, I live 15 miles out of town and I usually come home pretty late. I wish I could hear the race header or cat/shorty combo, to see how loud they really are.

I travel a lot around 3k rmps, wouldn't it get annoying? The bosal is nice but I think the fs stealth might be better, but it would just cost more and I don't know if it would be worth it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I would by either the high flow cat and shorty header or the race header(race in my own opinion). I wouldn't spend the money on the tb I would just port the stock intake and tb if you have an 00, if not an 00 just port the tb. You will see more gaines from one of those setups than you would if you bought the tb.
On a 00 what part of the intake do u port???

·
Registered
659 Posts
You will see more gaines from one of those setups than you would if you bought the tb.
Where did you get that rumor I've never heard that. You port the stock tb if you don't want to spend the money for a 65mm trust me your not going to make more power with a ported one.

Cory

1 - 7 of 7 Posts