Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard of people having parts machined that will completely replace the upper tranny mount under the airbox with a solid piece of steel. Is this bad?? I mean, the transmission should be allowed a certain amount of play and if you replace the rubber mount with a solid steel mount that could cause problems right?
If not, My company has a machine show in our shop with some mills that I could use. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Solid mounts are no fun...unless you like driving around the worlds largest vibrator.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I need a new uper tranny mount mine is busted you send it to me and ill try it out. Im running about a 150 to wheels and mutilated the stock tranny mount

·
Registered
645 Posts
Originally posted by XSquigyX:
I mean, the transmission should be allowed a certain amount of play and if you replace the rubber mount with a solid steel mount that could cause problems right?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Right! The alum. piece that connects the tranny to the mount may brake and drop your motor on the ground!
If you want solid mounts you'll have to do all three. (tranny, timing belt cover, and roll restrictor.)

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Wait until FocusSport releases their 2 new mounts.

One will be for the upper tranny mount and the other lower motor mount.

Should be quality coming from FS.

- Drew

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Originally posted by focusownerskid:

- Drew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">my dream come true

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Originally posted by focusownerskid:

- Drew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hopefully one of their new mounts will replace the motor mount on the passenger side. I have already been through one of those.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Thats what i hope also. Mine is busted right now so i need one soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts