Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remeber someone from overseas posting pics of them, anybody have and ideas where to get them?

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
Re: Urethane exhaust Hangers????

Bookmarked!

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts

whats the point of these again?
Transmit more engine/driveline vibration into the unitbody?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts

And why would someone want to feel more vibration?? like they are riding on top of a washing machine on spin cycle???

·
Registered
2,587 Posts

And why would someone want to feel more vibration?? like they are riding on top of a washing machine on spin cycle???
That could be fun when you're riding with your SO

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts

LOL; Sheesh, you two...

The hangers on my '03 appear to be made of some sort of silicone; prolly high temp (I have an incredible command of the obvious).

Sure, they allow quite a bit of movement of the exhaust system, but they isolate quite a bit of vibration.

The only plus I can see from using a harder material is to limit the movement of the exhaust system where larger piping or tips can contact the underbody heat shield and the rear bumper fascia.

If the car in question already has all three motor mounts made by an aftermarket supplier in urethane, then the added exhaust vibration is almost a non-issue.

But there goes any sense of refinement.

I like my liquid-filled ("tuned hydromounts") 2.3 PZEV motor mounts; those, plus added NVH-deadening material in my car results in an incredibly smooth feeling Focus. Quite a bit different than the '00's and '01's I've driven.

I've tried the urethane dogbone trans mount. I gave it three days and then put the OE trans mount right back on.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I have the heavier full 3" from my down pipe back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts