Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to do the power door lock switch light mod (the one where you run 2 wires from the power window harness to the power door harness so they will light up at night). I started by doing the passenger's door and it worked. But when I tried doing the driver's door, 2 wires came in contact, there was a spark and now ... the power window AND power door lock switch lights don't work on BOTH sides. But the rest of the lights inside the car work, and the power windows and power locks do work, they just don't light up.

So I tried checking the fuse panel but didn't find a blown one. So I have 2 questions:

1) What did I brake?
2) Which fuse takes care of the lights for the power windows and power locks lights?

PLEASE HELP ... it's driving me insane when I know I [censored] up and can't fix it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Check your manual for the fuse locations... Hopefully that will be the fix!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Did you ACTUALLY pull them OUT to check them? It's hard to see if they're screwed by just looking at them from the top while they're in the fusebox.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the problem ... I had a short in the power lock switch cause my positive wire was touching my negative wire ... eveything works now ... only thing that I find weird is that no fuse completely blew (yes I tokk them out). Fuse #56 (front power windows) was like half-blown. Anywayz ...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Well, Im glad you found the problem.... BUT HOW CAN A FUSE BE 1/2 BLOWN???

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
you didnt blow a fuse because you shunted the circuit. not enough power to pop a fuse.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no clue how it happened but you know where the fuse typically brakes (the middle part of the metal wire thingy), well mine was like burned half way. The fuse was practically blown but there was still a tiny filament of metal hanging between the 2 pieces making it difficult to see it was actually blown. But I guess we can say it was blown.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts