Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does FocusCentral or FocusSport, or whoever they were, still sell the North American spec Ford Collection Edition front bumper? Formerly known as the RS bumper, but later re-named to Collection when the Ford RS Car was released?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Why do you guys still call it the R/S bumper??
Probably because that is what it has been called for the past 3-years. Force of habit I guess.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Why do you guys still call it the R/S bumper??
Probably because that is what it has been called for the past 3-years. Force of habit I guess.
...and coz in europe it is still called R/S, least that what it says in ford's 2003 accessory list, i think it's a pretty good reason

ps. It has never been called RS in accessory list, it has always been R/S

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I've seen this one in the brochure. so if this bumper fits on the NA focus, which would probably mean, not having to cut part of the re bar....... but would the finished product be as short as the original R/S bumper? anybody know?
Well according to Cal-Focus website they are stating that it would fit the US Focus. From reading this I gather that it is not required to cut the rebar and the ad also states that it is made here in the US as well. This is from their website.

FOCUS RS STYLE BUMPER COVER
Our Focus RS style bumper cover is made in the USA for the USA. It has the smooth European styling of the original, but uses US spec. side marker lamps and fits the factory US bumper bar. Giving you the RS look you want without the added cost of a European RS bumper.

·
Registered
754 Posts
It looks bigger to me, so it might fit.

Here is euro 2002 R/S edition.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I've seen this one in the brochure. so if this bumper fits on the NA focus, which would probably mean, not having to cut part of the re bar....... but would the finished product be as short as the original R/S bumper? anybody know?
Led Pimp, the finished product is slightly longer then the legit one but it is still good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts