Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I'm curious, what do you guys think a used Getrag is worth? It's got about 200 miles on it.
1.5K...The dealer wanted like 3K for a new one I believe, and depending on who you got it from I wouldnt pay above 2K. Would be nice to have an extra one lying around.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've seen thte whole SVT engine and transmission go on ebay for $1,800 whith everything included.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
There was an 02' SVT here in San Diego last month hit hard in the rear but everything in the front including engine, tranny and intereior was good, the shop was asking $3500.
I would pay $1000 just to have a spare laying around! Mine has been acting funny since about 25k miles. I only have 4k more miles on the warranty, so I better get it in soon!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Mine has been acting funny since about 25k miles.
How so?

This is WAY TOO EARLY for a factory motor to go south.

What do you mean by "acting funny" that it worries you into considering an engine swap?

·
Registered
239 Posts
It was $500 and had 8500 miles on it. I bought it, put a Quaife in it and put it in my car (origional box tucked away in the garage).

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
My engine doesnt sound any more "funny" than the rest of the SVT engines out there. My tranny on the other hand has a habit of not letting me in to 2nd very cleanly, and sixth gear drops out if Im pushing it a little.
And then there is the throw out bearing that has been "thrown out" since about 5k miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts