Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess it depends on which model OBD II scanner you get. Mine (Auto X Ray) doesn't tell me anything about injectors for the Focus. It has O2 readouts, MAFS readout, Engine Temp, RPM, Load %, Timing, Speed, Intake Air Temp, and a few others. But, nothing about injectors

Also, it gives more readings for GM products then it does for Ford.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
hmm....a MAC obd2 scanner i used at work told me pulsewidth and timing of the injectors

so i hope the one i ordered does too

I got it from OBD-2.com

Who knows though...we will see

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
huh???

Doesnt pulsewidth read in miliseconds or something?

So the pulsewidth, you are saying, is gonna read something lik 85, 90

and that means %????

I remember last time i checked it, and i dont think it was a number like that, but maybe i should check again, or is there a way to convert pulsewidth to duty cycle in %?

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Naz... Pulsewidth is the length of the on time within the fixed frequency. So if you take the pulsewidth over the injector timing cycle x 100%, you get the duty cycle.

So.. Duty cycle (%) = PW/Freq

·
Registered
247 Posts
I use an OBD-II cable from obddiagnostics.com It gives me fuel pressure (PSI) and fuel trim % short term and long term. I'm not quite sure this is what you are looking for. But it can't hurt to add this info.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
cool. so what is the injector timing cycle? If i got pulsewidth..where do i get the timing cycle, is that a set number for a specific car? Please let me know, i would love to finally figure out the duty cycle on this damn thing...and see how bad it is, that is, if this software has pulsewidth, the one at my old job, did

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
I heard somewhere, that even though it doesnt tell you your duty cycle, id DOES tell you your injector timing in milliseconds and the pulsewidth and all, and randy, a while back, said there is some formula using injector size and stuff, to calculate the duty cycle

Does anyone know this formula? TOM? I really dont wanna buy expensive mac tools to find my duty cycle, but if there is a formula, i would love to know it, i get my obd2 scanner tomorow

Im also going to check the mafs voltage once and for all...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts