Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 2 days of rallying (with two stages at night too) and after the fast guys (KB, the Wimpeys, Reilly etc) all dropped out (with mechanicals) or back (with offs) we found ourselves in a tight race for 2WD in torrential rain. We finished 1st in time but were assessed a 1 minute road penalty to push us back to 2nd. We inquired on the penalty and were told we were early into the last service on day 1. We think it's a bogus call but couldn't present any evidence to back us up. This was our 21st rally - we wouldn't make a rookie mistake like that. So bummer! Oh, well. Had fun anyway.

Simon

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. The engine bay is filthy. In separate incidents we ripped off both front fender liners/mud flaps and the right rear fender liner. Lots of muddy water thrown up over the engine. Have some serious cleaning to do this weekend. We have some interesting in-car video which I'll try to get up in the next few days. Micheal Reilly was impressively fast in his SVT and was in line for 1st in 2WD until he had an unrecoverable off on stage 15 - had to be recovered by sweep and lost a good 20 minutes.

This is a shot from our in-car - not something I'd like to see on a regular basis...

Simon

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
That is a nice looking tree Simon. We are just seeing it because you are way sideways setting up for the corner that we can't see off to the right of the picture. And you are starting your counter steering like a true drift master. Or am I reading too much into it ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a nice looking tree Simon. We are just seeing it because you are way sideways setting up for the corner that we can't see off to the right of the picture. And you are starting your counter steering like a true drift master. Or am I reading too much into it ;)
Spot on Andrew! I knew I couldn't slip anything past that sharp mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts