Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we all know about phaseX's 2.0 in the rear of our car. Does anyone think it would be possible to put a 2.5 or even 3L duratech v6 in the rear? What do you think about driveability? Relocation of the gas tank? Suspension setup? Can you use the MTX75? Ideas Ideas.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt, come on isn't anyone interested, or do you think RR means Rail Road and not REAR ENGINE REAR WHEEL DRIVE????????????!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
You'd have to ask Phasex about that. The only problem that I see is that the 50/50 weight distribution that phasex is looking for would be ruined.

·
Registered
744 Posts
*Shrug* Isn't it MR and not RR ? and that would be dope!

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Anything is possible if you have the cubic dollars needed to do it.

There are many ways to accomplish this, and many ways to successfully tune the car once done.

You can have any part you need fabbed if truly needed.

Personally I like FWD, because it presents a tuning "challenge" due to the inherent flaws.

This conversion would present a very large challenge, and I suggest you read every book on vehicle preparation, suspension, and engineering before you embark on such a challenge. Knowledge is crucial, unless you want to hand it to a big company and just let them do the work.... which is fine, but where is the fun in that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts