Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok quick question of which the answer is probally in another thread.... but has the focus that has the V* in it that was at Jetfest ever done the 1/4 mile, and if so what was its time/speed....
thanx

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
motor trend says [email protected] mph
Why is that an e-mail link?

Yes, the car has been tested in the 1/4 mi, and it was featured in a shootout against a Lamborghini in a MotorTrend from August 2004.

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
featured in a shootout against a Lamborghini in a MotorTrend from August 2004.
I have that issue somewhere, I need to find it again.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
why did motor trend test against that car? I want to run something cool when mine is done! maybe the badass powerworks cars

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
why did motor trend test against that car?
As I recall, they were starting to get some flak from readers about all of their sensible comparisons (i.e., "Ten Great Sedans under $30,000" and the like). So they came up with one completely insane one.

Also, with all of the utterly insane work the RS8 had done--like the Harmon Kardon GPS system, 5.0 Cammer crate engine, and custom rear suspension--tacked onto the Focus RS's base price, it and the Lamborghini were in the same price range.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
gotcha. I will be in the price range of the Aveo, sweet!

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
I think that after the RS8/Gallardo comparison, Motor Trend followed with a few more based entirely on the price and not what sort of car they were. The only one I can remember is some Mercedes-Benz sport sedan vs. two Pontiac GTOs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts