Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just nixed the whole mess. i am done with the whole turbo mess. no more fuel problems, no more turbo heat, no more blown engines, no more nothing.
i have just wrote the big check to get my 345hp v8 crate motor installed at j.d. motorsports.
i feel like a kid in a candy store waiting for the return of my beloved focus. now it will be a fire breathing monster. rear wheel drive and all. i can't wait to see the face on the first rice rocket driver as he (she) pulls up next to me and i kick the v8 to life and leave them in a pile of rubber (from the rear wheels). to bad it takes 6 weeks to get it back. what a nice x-mas present it will be.
i think this will be the

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Will it be forced induction? Just trying to see why it's in this Forum?

Also, what are expected power and 1/4 mile numbers from this kit?

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Wow somebody took the leap... congratulations. Can't wait to see some numbers thrown down. Granted this is in the wrong forum, but still.. congrats

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
Originally posted by big blue focus:
well i just nixed the whole mess. i am done with the whole turbo mess. no more fuel problems, no more turbo heat, no more blown engines, no more nothing.
i have just wrote the big check to get my 345hp v8 crate motor installed at j.d. motorsports.
i feel like a kid in a candy store waiting for the return of my beloved focus. now it will be a fire breathing monster. rear wheel drive and all. i can't wait to see the face on the first rice rocket driver as he (she) pulls up next to me and i kick the v8 to life and leave them in a pile of rubber (from the rear wheels). to bad it takes 6 weeks to get it back. what a nice x-mas present it will be.
i think this will be the
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">YOU HAVE SUCK!!!

Does anyone know what is limiting the rear tire size?

I wanna know if its the coilover/shock assy towards the middle or if its the inner fender...if so...why not mini-tub the rear and put some 265-275 wide tires/rims in the back....uber traction!

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Sweet... Got the GT40 crate? Please take alot of pics

Sounds great man!

Whats the whole thing going to cost at the end?

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Exactly how much is that "BIG check", if I may ask???

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Originally posted by racerx:
Moving to Zetec Tuning ('cause there isn't a Zetec Removal forum
)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If only!

I would so be there...

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
HOLY ****

RWD conversion and all???

Damn first on the jet i think

Thats gonna be insane, ONLY ford would think of something like that...hahaa

thats great man, make sure to keep us updated, i cant even imagine teh look on a mustang guys face when a focus leaves the line smoking the rear tires

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
82 Posts
Let us know what handling is like. Hopefully it doesn't corner like a bloated pig. Either way I am sure it will be fun, but great handling and V8 power that would be something.

Dale

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wow, somebody actually beats me to it.... Damn it, now I have to fly to Toronto and get my baby back!!! Efforts must be double for my project Focus 392!!!

I believe with the V8 convertion, the only "Focus part" you keep are the body pieces and part of the frame and some interior pieces too.

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
Originally posted by ZX3_NJBoosted:
Wow, somebody actually beats me to it.... Damn it, now I have to fly to Toronto and get my baby back!!! Efforts must be double for my project Focus 392!!!

I believe with the V8 convertion, the only "Focus part" you keep are the body pieces and part of the frame and some interior pieces too.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Um....if you do that...then I will have to resort to hating you 4evAr...mmmmmmmmmkay!!

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Originally posted by ZX3_NJBoosted:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">did u just ****ing win a lotery or something??? FIrs the wrx...wtf is goin on? You slanging?

·
Registered
753 Posts
awesome. just awesome. I wish my pos would squeel when I hit it. do share when u get it back

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Man i cant beleive you would go to a slow as v-8

your suposta say i coulda had a v-8 but the 4cyl was faster

good luck and wish you the best with it

tom

·
Registered
410 Posts
Tom and others,
Project Focus 392 won't begin til the beginning of Jan, 03. Have to pull my assets together first, so no sweat there, you guys can continue to like me.

The line up for the engine and drivetrain parts have been selected by my race shop and me. The engine, we will either go with a Powerdyne charged Ford Racing 302 or NA Ford Racing 392, the transmission is going to be a Viper 6 speed manual, although I am thinking of sequential 6 speed.... Frame wise, my race shop and custom weld me something, tubular chasis maybe?
Brakes will have to be custom, but I am thinking of using Brembo 4 pistons front and rear setup, will try to use 14" disc up front, and 13" in the back. The catch is, my race shop did build a Cobra kit car with the Ford Racing 392 along with the Viper 6 speed, and it put down 500hp to the wheels, so if I go with the same setup as the Cobra owner did, you can expect the same hp figure on a 2700lbs car, can we say TOO FAST?
I will keep you guys updated on how the project goes.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Originally posted by FocusXny:
Since we're talking radical swaps, has anybody thought of puting a v-8 and front drive trans axle in?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Right, did you see what the V6 Swap looks like?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts