Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I searched... where can I have this done? not where can I buy the parts... but are there any places that will do this? for a package? if I have the trans and engine?

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
There is a company in Florida that does the whole deal. Very nice guy. Check out Kugels website and they list them as a distributor. We would be interested in doing it but they are closer.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kugels??
it's not a matter of location... it's a matter of who is going to do the job right... where are you located btw? and is this something that can be done in a day or 2 or 3? or is this like a drop the car off and many weeks later check on it only to find it'll be even longer? EDIT: Also... would this be something My father and I could do? with the help of a fellow jetter in my area? Also... where can I find resonable prices on a 302 and 5spd tranny that's compatable with that kit

[ 02-01-2003, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: FociD00d02 ]

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
You will need the kit to bolt it in. You could do it yourself. I can get transmissions and Engines
we are in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
care to hook me up with some prices on those engines and trannies?? got a toll-free # I can call while I'm here @ my dad's?? it's a 302 or a 351 that fits right? which is out of what cars?

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
The 302 is a better fit for headers . I don't have prices here they are at the shop. If you dropped your car of it would be about 17 to 18 grand installed witha Ford racing engine and T-5 transmission.

·
Registered
293 Posts
u could just get an old engine and trans from the junkyard out of a mustang or f-150(proly engine only) and build them and throw them in. you will also need the driveshaft and rear end. myzx3.com was selling the install kit for about 4k-4500 i think. i dont know if they r still selling it or not. let me know what u do and i might ride out and check out the progress. if u need help with gathering the parts and what not let me know, i know a guy who has a ford graveyard and he has alot of good 5.0's and trannys. i could proly get one fairly cheap. also let me know if u need help and ill come out.
daniel

·
Registered
222 Posts
i am not tryin to be an a$$ or rain on anyones parade here(i am not hatin', i am all for new stuff for the foci), or take away business from anyone but there is alot you can do to the zetec for 18,000 and it will probably be faster than the 302. if you want that why dont you just buy the stang it would have been cheaper than buying the focus and then tacking another 18,000 onto that tag. but that is just my opinion.

geoff

·
Registered
400 Posts
ford-v8-focus.com

redneckzx3- There is a reason that the fastest fwd drag cars run 8's, and the fastest rwd drag cars run 4's. There's also a reason you see john force driving cars with 8 cylinders, not 4. There's also a reason that the fastest road course cars are rwd not fwd. You go ahead and put $18k into a zetec motor and give me one with a 302. I personally love racing a fwd car, it suits my driving style, but it's still an Hstock car, not a Super Stock car for a damn good reason. [/rant]

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
RedneckZX3,

No matter what you do to a Zetec, it still ain't no V-8.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Word
I would go for it, you don't have to go new if you don't have the bucks. It would be nice though. As far as the rear end it's just a stock 8.8 mustang rear. Kugal makes the rear end kit so it just bolts right in. Besides it only adds 200lbs to the focus over all & is better balanced. There is also an article in this months Hot Rod Magazine.

[ 02-02-2003, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: BANDIT ]

·
Registered
293 Posts
3 words on y to have a v8: sound,power,torque. thats the only reasons i need. by the way if u do it yourself it wont cost 18k.
daniel

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I agree with ******* on this. I have a Focus and a Mustang. There is no way I would spend 18K to put a V8 in the Focus. I'm not saying I wouldn't want a V8 in it, but I'd never spend that much to do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts