Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,
I installed my cams a few months back and at that time I didn't have time to go over the valve clearences and I have been putting it off till now. I checked them today and found that the average on the exhaust cam was .40mm and on the intake .29mm. The card that came with my cams (crane) says .20mm for the intake and .25mm for the exhaust. This is pretty far off, I said to myself. That is why it is so noisy and why I have such radical cam settings for the best power I could achieve at that time. My question is how much do you think that those clearences have been affecting my horsepower if any. I dynoed at 144whp and 146wtq.
Also, what kind of advice can you give me on adjusting those clearences( where to get the shins etc.) without me having to spend hours searching. Thanks for any help/ advice.

Roger

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
hurtin power due to valve flutter/float...but also doin all your valvetrain and new cams no good, very lucky to have not damaged anythin

-Ult

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know. Everything looks good on the upper side of the head. Its what happens when your in the Navy and duty calls leaving you with no time to do anything but spend time with the family. Ultegra, what is your secret. How do you get that car to launch so well. I haven't had alot of practice with my focus and I guess thats not helping me.

Roger

1 - 3 of 3 Posts